NCL food questions

storm15

Ok I posted on the Foodies forum but haven't gotten any responses so I thought I would post here.

Whats the best food on NCL 3 day? What restaraunt would you not miss? Do you think there be lobster in Aug on the Sky????(fingers crossed)

Breakfast are there sitdown restaraunts included? or do we have to buffet?

Ok I posted on the Foodies forum but haven't gotten any responses so I thought I would post here.

Whats the best food on NCL 3 day? What restaraunt would you not miss? Do you think there be lobster in Aug on the Sky????(fingers crossed)

Breakfast are there sitdown restaraunts included? or do we have to buffet?

/Buffet, yes, sitdown restaurants: 1 will be open for breakfast. BTW NCL has great Eggs Bene...Good sause, not bland like some I have had in the past few years: i would suggest Le Bistro but that is just me. Lobster and a 3 day cruise? Someone else will have to address that, I really don't have a clue.

Nita

Nita is right on about eggs benedict in the dining room for breakfast. NCL's is the best we've had on any line we've cruised.

Have never sailed the Sky or an NCL cruise shorter than 5 days so can't speak for your sailing. However, DH & I have never been served a meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) in the dining room that we didn't enjoy.

We are not big on buffet dining so I can't speak for that avenue of eating on the ships.

Enjoy your cruise!

Dianne

Actually.. my experience with NCL's buffet is that for breakfast they are pretty good. Plenty of crispy bacon, soft scrambled eggs, cheese and toast so I can make my favorite - a breakfast sandwich. Other than for breakfast, personally I would stay away from the buffet.

Their desserts are great... especially their soufflés. Also their chilled soups can not be touched. I can say without any doubt, the best chilled soups in the industry. I have never been on the particular ship you are going on, but on the Star I couldn't sail on her without having an order of their Hot Wings every day from Blue Lagoon. On the Sun, I had to have a cheese burger every day, they were SO good.

I honestly don't think you will go hungry.. 8-)

Actually.. my experience with NCL's buffet is that for breakfast they are pretty good. Plenty of crispy bacon, soft scrambled eggs, cheese and toast so I can make my favorite - a breakfast sandwich. Other than for breakfast, personally I would stay away from the buffet.

Their desserts are great... especially their soufflés. Also their chilled soups can not be touched. I can say without any doubt, the best chilled soups in the industry. I have never been on the particular ship you are going on, but on the Star I couldn't sail on her without having an order of their Hot Wings every day from Blue Lagoon. On the Sun, I had to have a cheese burger every day, they were SO good.

I honestly don't think you will go hungry.. 8-)

coconut Sourrles, great dessert and I am not a dessert eater: I prefer to drink my calories. As for Blue Lagoon, everything is great in my opinion.....

I loved the days I got up early enough to sit down for breakfast. The buffet was pretty good, but the food and coffee definitely seemed better in the resteraunt. I agree that NCL has great crispy bacon at the buffet, but you can just ask for a big serving at the table and they will bring you a really big serving of bacon, awesome.

As for dinner, I bet there will be lobster once, but I kind of felt that except for desserts, the specialty resteraunts with the exception of cagneys weren't worth it.

We have only been on 5 and 7 day cruises so I have no knowledge if the 3 day has different menus. However I would suggest making the rounds at the buffet's early in dining hours to see what they have. I also recall seeing the daily menu at the entrance to each dining room. To discount the buffet's, where you can pick and choose, I think would limit your choices. Freestyle dining is just that, whatever floats your boat...........rrh

As you probably know, the Sky just started doing the 3&4 day Bermuda cruises (I think it may just now be on either its first or second sailing). Hopefully there will be some reviews soon and give some information about the menus

Only thing I'd be certain of at this point is that for breakfast there will be one of the main dining rooms and the buffet. (I'd also do LeBistro for a spec dining room---we sailed the Sky to Alaska 'way back when' and more recently the Aloha (same ship). Enjoyed them both, but I wouldn't want to compare those sailing to the new ones as the ship has just finished a couple weeks in wet dock & 3and4 day sailings can be a completely different animal

Archived