Travel Insurance

Hi everyone,

We are going on the 28 day Autumn Sojourn cruise in October through the Mediterranean and have never bought travel insurance before. Can you recommend who we should use ? After all these years (and cruises) AND hearing all the horror stories re: lost luggage and health issues, combined with economic concerns , I'm beginning to think we should have something! Which would be the best value? (no prexisting conditions)Bottom line, looking for the best coverage at a reasonable value! Hopefully less than Regent's!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

We like Travel Guard. If you get it when you book the cruise, there is no pre-existing clause. Also, they have one of the highest evacuation limits--and they are easy to work with if you need to use the insurance.

I second TNR's recommendation. On our Panama Canal cruise last year there were five medevacs, including one by helicopter at sea and four by water ambulance to the nearest Mexican port. I'm sure all five were quite expensive, and the helicopter evac to Jamaica could have easily been a six-figure exercise when all was said and done.

Is it okay to post a recommendation for an internet site called http://www.insuremytrip.com

It's a nicely designed site that easily enables you to compare many different policies and I'm sure you can find something that fits your needs. All travel insurance is not the same! You want one that will cover your needs and not things you don't.

Basedow

Archived