Victory Spa Deck Rooms

hues of blue

• 1 month later...

Hi all, they are not all that great. Stayed in 1120 on the valor 2 weeks ago for a btb.

The location was great. The people on the deck above can look down and see you on your balcony, so don't sneak out there in your nightgown. Also had a drink dumped down and just missed me.

Also, and I know this could happen on any deck, but because they used to be called family staterooms, I had a family with 3 kids, yes 3, aged 2, 3 and 4, who woke up every morning at 6 am, with screaming yelling jumping on the bed. This went on for 2 hours each and every morning. Carnival said there was nothing they could do. The next week, had an infant about 6 months old, who screamed bloody murder in the middle to the night. 4 out of 7 nights.

So, I will never accept an upgrade to the spa deck again, lesson learned.

Hope this helps, Cindy

weddingcrasher,

When in February are you going? We will be on there the second week and also below the mini-golf. I am still hoping that someone will post some pictures.:)

The first week for us...unfortunately I will have no time to let you know prior...hopefully they high walls, don't want a golf ball landing in my breakfast...

Just off the Victory, one of our rooms was 1102. Beautiful room, looked just like the other ocean views IMO?

But the door did SLIDE open not swing open, so that was a little different than our cabin on Deck 10. I'll upload ya a pic if you'd like :D

Edited to add pics:

room.jpg

room2.jpg

Bahamas064.jpg

The photo's are great. We are booked on the Valor in November and staying on the Spa deck. Any other info you want to share? I have heard that people above can look down and spill drinks on you - did you have any problems. Also, was their very much noise from the Kids camp?

We are looking forward to being close to the Spa and using the steam room, showers etc. Distance to restaurant and activities isn't an issue as we love to walk.:)

Thanks,

We were booked in a 6C OV room on the Freedom for Nov 30 2008, and got updraded to the 6E (1108) for same price.... these are still OV's no Balcony - would love to see room pics from the Freedom for the Spa deck on that ship - anyone got any?

NSCruiser- We are also on the Freedom on Nov 30- and have a group of 38 cabins (mostly interiors and OV) We are booked in 1116 and 1118 and those rooms have not been converted to a balcony. I found quite a few pics of the 6E although I don't think any are of the Freedom. The rooms look great- and the upgrade is pretty nice. I didn't even know those rooms were up there- I just assumed all OVs were on 2 and 3, so it is a nice surprise to see deck 11 have OVs.

We can't wait- we booked over 2 years ago and locked in some really good rates- although I noticed the prices now have gone down A LOT, so I guess they have to sell out the rest of the sailing.

I'm sure we will run into you up on the spa deck.

andnickali - where did you find the 6E pic's - I've tried a google search but came up empty, other than the "generic" Carnival OV cabin pics....

Our "group" is quite a bit smaller than your group - we only have 3 cabins booked... two are on Spa - 1102 and 1108 (me and DW in 1108) our best friends are in 1102, and our TA is also going, but they (her and her DH) have a balcony (somewhere) I'm not sure exactly where on the ship...

This will be the first cruise for me and DW... we only booked in July 2008 and last week I noticed that the 6E's were listed on the Carnival site for exactly what we had paid in July for a 6C. So I called ourn TA, and asked her to call on our behalf to Carnival.... she was VERY hesitant, but called anyway, and ta-da we are now on the SPA deck !!!

I think she was afraid she would somehow lose some of her commissions !!! :eek:

Anyway - it worked out well...

We are flying from Nova Scotia to FLL exactly one month from TODAY !! on Novemeber 29th... I can hardly contain myself here at work.... let me have some FREEDOM.:D

jmrothermel,

Thank you soooo much for the pics.....just knew that someone out there had to have stayed in these rooms......

In the pics the balconies look a little narrow or are they the same as the rest ? Also, the divider looked as if part of it could be unlocked, although it was kind of triangular looking. Is that right? My brother and sister-in-law will be in the next cabin to ours. Was there shade on the balcony since its at the wierd angle?. We have had several balconies in the past, back of the boat a few times, lido deck last year, just wondering how these compare and if it was a wise idea to take the upgrade to spa deck.

Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated.

:) hues

I'm booked on the Spa deck of the Glory, here is a 360 of Glory's floor-to-ceiling OVs......(you'll see the stateroom among the selections)

of course after her dry dock next year these will be balcony's also

also, there are a couple of 6E pics here

Thanks for posting the pics.... now I can really not wait to get on board..... One month from TODAY !!!! Nov 30 - on the FREEDOM:D

NS- Just checked in with this thread- I'll do some searching around for the pics of a 6E. You can see the 360 view of the Liberty's 6E on cruiseinc.com go to cruise lines and then to ships. From there you can view different rooms and public locations on all Carnival ships.

jmrothermel,

Thank you soooo much for the pics.....just knew that someone out there had to have stayed in these rooms......

In the pics the balconies look a little narrow or are they the same as the rest ? Also, the divider looked as if part of it could be unlocked, although it was kind of triangular looking. Is that right? My brother and sister-in-law will be in the next cabin to ours. Was there shade on the balcony since its at the wierd angle?. We have had several balconies in the past, back of the boat a few times, lido deck last year, just wondering how these compare and if it was a wise idea to take the upgrade to spa deck.

Any and all thoughts are very much appreciated.

:) hues

I dont believe that the divider in the middle could be unlocked, though I didn't thoroughly check it out. It does have that wierd metal piece that (compared to the other balconies) made it look pretty stationary. I do believe it may have been a *tad* narrower, but we're talking inches at the most. We also had shade on the balcony at times, and no problems with anyone spilling drinks down :)

Archived