Departure Time?

pokeyjoe

yes, if the star s are all lined up for ya..any unforseen delay s can

killya..my statement is nt meant to add any stress..just the sh**

happens..:(

i ve been delayed befor..but, i had my car..so it was just a delay

getting onto the freeway that by now was the middle of commute..

yet, again while flying i had a 1:00 flight and i was fretting over making

it to the airport..but, disemarking we did do the self disemark and

carried our own luggage..rush d like hell all stress d try to down

our breakfast and getting line ..3rd couple thru custom s and got

the first cab:confused: ..got to the airport by 9:30 ..we could easily have made

a 11:30 flight..yet again the star s may have been all wacked that

morning..

I wouldn't do it but I once missed an 11:40 flight out of MIA when sailing out of Port of Miami. Other people have had no problem catching flights even earlier than that so it just depends on what your options are.

Does anyone know if you miss your flight because you could not get to the airport in time after leaving the ship, will the airlines put you on the next flight without a charge or will they make you pay extra?

I am looking at a 11:20 am flight out of Miami. Not sure if it is too early.

Thanks

Does anyone know if you miss your flight because you could not get to the airport in time after leaving the ship, will the airlines put you on the next flight without a charge or will they make you pay extra?

Thanks

It depends on the airline and the customer service agent. Airline's used to have a flat tire rule - basically if you arrived a little late and missed your flight they would put you on the next flight with seats available. These days though the airlines are a lot less lenient. I post on other travel boards, and in the past week I've seen reports of someone having to buy a completely new ticket home (at last minute fares too).

The problem is not just whether you have to buy a new ticket though, your biggest issue will be whether there are seats available on a later flight. When I missed my flight home, there was 1 seat available that day to my destination - if I'd been traveling with someone we would've been out of luck.. And that was 2 years ago, well before the current schedule cuts that are happening. Now, with all the schedule cuts that are occurring, I wouldn't count on being able to get a seat home that day if you miss your flight, especially if you are sailing at a popular travel time like Thanksgiving, Christmas, President's Day, or Spring Break.

I think it depends on a lot of things.

But really, if the TA or cruise line advised you to not book a filght until after 1pm, and missing the flight was because you didn't follow their advice, is expecting the airline to make an accomodation for you being honest?

Thanks

We recently missed a flight (through no fault of our own, just unforeseen circumstances). We actually did not MISS the flight, but missed the cut-off to get our bags on the plane and through security (I think within 45 minutes of scheduled departure time). At first we were told that we would have to pay the difference in price for the tickets PLUS a change fee to get on another flight. After 1-2 hours of waiting in lines, talking with agents, etc. we were finally given tickets for another flight, and only had to pay the difference in price (approx $40 per ticket) but we had to wait nearly 6 hours. Airlines are overbooking planes and cutting flights so there are less seats available in general. If I were you, I wouldn't risk it. We have a 5:45pm return flight booked after our cruise, which is less than ideal with 5 kids in tow, but so would missing our earlier flight and having to deal with the consequences. You MAY be fine and make it with time to spare, but unless you are ok with potentially paying for any fare difference and waiting several hours to get out, I am not sure it would be worth the risk.

JMHO!

J

Archived