Prebooking Credits - Can someone assist me here? Thank you!

JessInNY

:confused: Hello All,

On my last princess cruise my friend and I pre-booked for a future cruise -- you put $100 down, this is used as deposit for next cruise, and you get ship-board credits in relation to length of cruise -- $25 PP 3-6 days $50 PP 7-13 days (PP = PER PERSON)

Well, my friend and I are going on a 7-day cruise this November and we both used our $100 as the deposit.

Then, we expected that we would each have $100 in ship board credits -$50 from my prebooking and $50 from hers:

Princess is saying we can't do this!!! WHAT?? No where does it state that on my prebooking info.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Jess

On my last princess cruise my friend and I pre-booked for a future cruise -- you put $100 down, this is used as deposit for next cruise, and you get ship-board credits in relation to length of cruise -- $25 PP 3-6 days $50 PP 7-13 days (PP = PER PERSON)

Well, my friend and I are going on a 7-day cruise this November and we both used our $100 as the deposit.

Then, we expected that we would each have $100 in ship board credits -$50 from my prebooking and $50 from hers:

Princess is saying we can't do this!!! WHAT?? No where does it state that on my prebooking info.

Jess

Hi Jess:

I'm not sure how you arrived at the figure of $100 each. Below is a link showing the OBC awarded for FCCs. You're right that a 7 day cruise qualifies you, but the other qualification is the cabin booked: inside or outside.

http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/during_cruise/board.jsp

If you booked an outside cabin for a 7 day cruise, you would not get $100 EACH, but $50.00 each. If you booked an inside for a 7 day cruise, you would get $25.00 each.

I hope this helps.

Tee

I think that the $100 from each of you is for the deposit instead of the usual 20% or 30% of the cruise as is usually charged. Then you will each have $50 onboard credit to use while you are on the cruise. At least this is how it's worked for us in the past.

Jess

For a seven day cruise in an outside cabin you are entitled to credit of $50/PP. That's it. $100/PP is for a 10-15 day cruise.

Pia

Yes, we are going on a 7-day cruise, outside room. We both prebooked and were expecting to use each other's OBC - our confirmation letters state : $50 PP outside (7-9 days)

So, we each have this - don't we get $50 each OBC from my future booking credit, then $50 each from her future booking credit???

These credits are independent of the $100 deposit we each had to make when we future booked.

Thanks for any info!

Yes, we are going on a 7-day cruise, outside room. We both prebooked and were expecting to use each other's OBC - our confirmation letters state : $50 PP outside (7-9 days)

So, we each have this - don't we get $50 each OBC from my future booking credit, then $50 each from her future booking credit???

These credits are independent of the $100 deposit we each had to make when we future booked.

Thanks for any info!

With your outside cabin on a 7 day itinerary, you get a $50 OBC and she gets a $50 OBC for a total of $100.

Thanks for any info!

Yes, and that's exactly what you will get; $50 each, BECAUSE you used an FCC, which also gave you the benefit of just paying a $100 deposit. Had you not done it this way, the deposit on your cruise would have been $250 and you would not have gotten any credit at all. Hope this is clear now.

Pia

I think what you are asking is if your FCC gives both you and your friend the onboard credit.....and since your friend also used a FCC if her onboard credit also applies to you....thus doubling the amount you receive. If this is what you are asking the answer is no!!

You could have used one FCC as deposit, your friend could have paid the $100.00 cash as deposit and since you are sharing a cabin you would each have received an onboard credit. Since you each used the FCC you each only get your share of the onboard credit from your own FCC. If you used the FCC in order to double your onboard credit you have, in effect "wasted" one FCC. :( On the plus side neither of you had to fork out cash at the time of booking for a deposit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your responses. Being one who must read fine print each day - my job - I read the rules over and over again -- no where do I see that there is a restriction on the number of OBC's per room - only a restriction that the PP, per person, applies to only 2 per room.

Again, thanks for all of your responses. Have a nice day.

Jess

Archived