Cabin choice on Infinity

traveler619

This is our second cruise--the first one was on Carnival Destiny to the Southern Carribean which we did not enjoy at all. Several folks on this forum encouraged us to try again and so we are booked on the Celebrity Infinity for the westward Panama Canal cruise on October 19. We had a balcony cabin on Carnival, but because of cost went for an inside on the Infinity. We got the last available cabin that was not a guarantee--Continental Deck #2180 which is close to midship but a bit aft. This is the lowest deck and we are worried that we will be exposed to a great deal of engine noise or some such. I am not so worried about not have an ocean view or balcony--we were not in our cabin that much anyway but would still appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been in a similar cabin. Thanks.

This is our second cruise--the first one was on Carnival Destiny to the Southern Carribean which we did not enjoy at all. Several folks on this forum encouraged us to try again and so we are booked on the Celebrity Infinity for the westward Panama Canal cruise on October 19. We had a balcony cabin on Carnival, but because of cost went for an inside on the Infinity. We got the last available cabin that was not a guarantee--Continental Deck #2180 which is close to midship but a bit aft. This is the lowest deck and we are worried that we will be exposed to a great deal of engine noise or some such. I am not so worried about not have an ocean view or balcony--we were not in our cabin that much anyway but would still appreciate any feedback from anyone who has been in a similar cabin. Thanks.

I love the inside cabins on the lower decks.

1. Dark

2. Quiet

3. Less movement - the top of the ship rolls or sways more than the bottom

4. Sometimes right close to tender exit

As you say you're not in the cabin long or to just sit and look out a window.

I love Infinity! I don't think you'll have any problems with engine noise if you are mid-ship. Besides, I would keep checking online if you want to move up somewhat because people cancel all the time, especially just before the final payment due date. I have only been on Deck 8, front and aft, and I have no problem with the ship movement. You will have no problem switching from one inside to another, but you should call to make a switch asap when one becomes available. Have a great cruise! I'm sure you'll love Infinity, too! ;)

Archived