What to do on the balcony?

FMCowboy

ps: so when on your balcony it is totally private and cant see the people next door?, hows the sound protection from hearing others?

Do not assume that your balcony is totally private.

Hubby and I have (so far) only had a balcony once, on the Spirit. One evening, I went out onto the balcony to just enjoy the moonlight dancing across the sea and listen to the sound of the ship moving through the water. I looked down to the left to see the wake (I don't think it's called a wake near the front of the ship, but whatever it is, the white water created by the ship moving thru the water) and there, one deck down and one cabin over....I saw a moon I did NOT expect! Obviously, the couple in that cabin thought they had complete privacy, or didn't care that they didn't.

While it sounds funny, the fact is, I did not feel comfortable staying out on our deck. I discovered how much my eyes sweep from left to right, up and down, and it was difficult to completely AVOID seeing that one balcony, and I definitely wasn't going to stay there and feel like a voyeur. So I had to go inside. I was actually a bit irked with the couple for spoiling my view! *L*

so, if our room is port side, is that the side we can see folks coming and going on/off the ship? hence port side
No. The port side only refers to the left side of the ship when you are facing forward. Early ships had a rudder or steering board on the right side of the ship. When they docked the left side was toward the port since it would damage the steering board if it were the other way around. The steering board was the sterbord in middle English.

Some piers go straight out and there may be a ship just across the pier from you. I've even seen some ships docked stern to stern or bow to bow. In those cases the starboard of one and the port of the other would be next to the dock or pier.

Some ships dock the same way at specific ports. So, if you're really interested ask someone who recently returned from the cruise you are curious about.

Charlie

O.K. O.K. I won't knock it till I try it! :D Now, what to do with the kids.....

That is what Club O2 and Camp Carnival are for!! :) The sea miles were great!! See Legends Newlyweds not so Newlyweds game....:D

Definitely private enough on that ship.;) Again, no lights and keep it quiet. Best sea miles on the ship....:cool:

That is what Club O2 and Camp Carnival are for!! :) The sea miles were great!! See Legends Newlyweds not so Newlyweds game....:D

Definitely private enough on that ship.;) Again, no lights and keep it quiet. Best sea miles on the ship....:cool:

LOL Exactly!

Keep lights off in and outside.. no reflections.. if one is worried.. secure a sheet or keep the chairs against the plexiglass..

So question... if its called the mile high club on a plane.. what is it called on a Cruise??:p

LOL Exactly!

Keep lights off in and outside.. no reflections.. if one is worried.. secure a sheet or keep the chairs against the plexiglass..

So question... if its called the mile high club on a plane.. what is it called on a Cruise??:p

When you've completed 10 encounters you would be headed for the "Oceans Eleven" club maybe:confused:

Charlie

I had a balcony on the Ecstasy last year. It had two chairs and a small table. No room for a lounge chair from the pool.

We had a balcony the Verandah deck on the Ecstasy before. I remember it was small, had 2 chairs and a table. We have booked another balcony suite, same thing this time, and there will be 3 of us. Is there room for a third chair (not lounge) so we can all enjoy it together?

Are the dividers between balconies permanently fixed? We are cruising with friends and would like to enjoy the balconies together.

Ummm, just to clarify... we'd like to sit and read, watch the ocean, or drink coffee together, not the other balcony activities previously mentioned ;)

Keep it clean please. My wife and I will have our first balcony cabin on our cruise in September and we want to make use of the balcony. What are some suggestions of ways to utilize? Can you really have someone bring a deck chair from the pool an put on your balcony for sunbathing? Looking forward to see how others get the most of their balcony.

thx

Hang laundry, cookout, sometimes the wife will flip the cabin steward an extra half a buck to help her carry the sofa out there. The best part is that clean up is a breeze, just toss the empty Old Milwaukee cans (smuggled on of course) right over the side.

Are the dividers between balconies permanently fixed? We are cruising with friends and would like to enjoy the balconies together.

Ummm, just to clarify... we'd like to sit and read, watch the ocean, or drink coffee together, not the other balcony activities previously mentioned ;)

Your steward can unlock the divider between you. You'll both have to request it.

It's not that private. Like, I'd never consider having sex out there..... (o.k. I mentioned it... how many people were thinking of that/considering it)... :eek: OP wanted to keep it clean...

Why not?

Balcony Olympics. :D

LOLOLOLO

Keep the lights off outside AND inside the cabin- no reflections

One of our 'neighbors' told us they put the cushions from the sofa on balcony and 'slept' out there all night

There is privacy- enough.. ;)

Somebody should of told our balcony neighbour (guy) this bit of info on our last triumph cruise...lol needless to say i wasn't watching the ocean in the morning much...

On our last cruise we were in the showroom watching the not so newly-wed game and the couple that were a new bride and groom were asked "where was the most unusual place where you have had whoopie" and the bride's answer was on the balcony. One thing that I haven't mentioned is that they were both in their 80's...go little vitamin.:D

Missygirl

Sorry:(

.0001 mile high club?

if you can get one of the big balconies like we had on miracle 6232 its frickin huge I dont know how to put photos on here or i would, when we came into San Juan we had all 16 people from our group out there with plenty of room and took pictures and video was very very cool

we get balcony rooms cuz we have a lil one so when she naps we can still enjoy the sun and stuff ;)

our balcony had 2 chairs a table and 2 chaisse lounges..........

have our first aft wrap on dream next year !!!!!!!!!

Trocks right nothing for sound privacy but i did hear some strange noises coming from the aft of miracle in may............

This will be our first balcony, and I plan on spending a LOT of time on it. Coffee and breakfast in the morning watching the sun rise, reading, napping, lunch, drinks in the evening watching the sun set, looking for dolphins and flying fish, watching as we pull in/out of the different ports.... :)

I'm so excited and am going to take full advantage.

*sigh*

44 days!! :D

This will be our first balcony, and I plan on spending a LOT of time on it. Coffee and breakfast in the morning watching the sun rise, reading, napping, lunch, drinks in the evening watching the sun set, looking for dolphins and flying fish, watching as we pull in/out of the different ports.... :)

I'm so excited and am going to take full advantage.

*sigh*

44 days!! :D

I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!! You know what they say? Once you go balcony, you'll never go back! :D

We love our balcony in the morning, drinking coffee and watching the ocean.

In the afternoon, after excursions, it's back to the balcony for a drink and a cigar.

Then, in the late evening, repeat.

:D :D ;)

Archived