Dunns Falls FREE??? is it possible

debvm

Out of curiosity, why would you want to do the Falls for free and not pay? Tourism is the basis of the economy in Jamaica. There is an admission gate, and they also charge you even if you don't climb the falls.
Technically, you should be in a group with a guide, but you can do it yourself--you may encounter a guide who insists you join a group though. At the end, the guides do expect a tip as you exit the water.

We were just there 10/11/04 while taking the Dawn Princess 10 day cruise. It was definitely worth the $10 each. The waterfall was beautiful and made for a good photo op (waterproof camera). I remember seeing security guards, tour guides, customers, musicians/singers, and craftsmen there. I do not think you have to have a tour guide to be let in. I do believe it is a national park (government, etc), though.

We booked with Peat Taylor for our Feb cruise and his charge includes entrance to dunns falls...plus we get individualized attention and a good tour of the island and are going to fern gully and shopping.

Archived