Carryon alcohol from San Juan with connecting flight...

Wags67

Last time we flew out of San Juan we bought 6 bottles of alcohol at the airport...they gave us some cool bags to carry them onto the plane...since we had a straight flight it was no issue...This October we are flying out of San Juan again and would like to buy more alcohol at the airport....the only difference is we do not have a straight flight home...we have a lil' over an hour delay in Atlanta..My question is...can a still carry the alcohol onto the plane leaving Atlanta since our checked luggage will automatically be transferred? I have only flown direct flights so I'm not sure of policy or procedure when getting a connecting flight... My guess would be that I could carry it on the connecting flight since I'm flying into the airport with it... as long as I don't leave the security area? If anyone has experienced this before...I'd appreciate help..

Since you will not have to go through security again in Atlanta, then yes you can buy alcohol at SJU after you've gone through security and take it on the plane without you and then onto your connecting flight.

ThAnKs for the quick reply, wrp96:)

I was thinking that we could but did't know for sure.. I'd hate to spend all that money on alcohol and not know what to do with it..I was hoping for another non stop flight like last year but there wasn't one available at the time...

So, I can only carry on 3oz of face cream or other gels, but the TSA allows full bottles of alcohol to be brought on board on your carry-ons??:eek:

They don't think that someone could break the bottle and use the sharp glass for some illegal purpose????

That makes no sense at all!

Mark

So, I can only carry on 3oz of face cream or other gels, but the TSA allows full bottles of alcohol to be brought on board on your carry-ons??:eek:

They don't think that someone could break the bottle and use the sharp glass for some illegal purpose????

Mark

You can buy glass bottles of juice..etc at various places in the airport, after you go through security.

If your intent is to do harm, you can easily do it. TSA was set up more to get people back flying, not to make us truly safe.

Does the airport duty free have good prices? I was thinking about this and wondering if you can carry it on if purchased after security check?

Steph...yes, we got very good prices at SJU..since it was after security we bought it, they packed it into sturdy nylon bags & we boarded the plane.

Mark

You buy the alcohol after you have gone through security. When connecting a flight, you don't have to go through security again unless you purposely leave.

As for the weapons issue...well just about anything can be a weapon if you really need one (belt, pen, even a big book).

However, you are correct that very little about the TSA makes sense anymore:D

You buy the alcohol after you have gone through security. When connecting a flight, you don't have to go through security again unless you purposely leave.

As for the weapons issue...well just about anything can be a weapon if you really need one (belt, pen, even a big book).

However, you are correct that very little about the TSA makes sense anymore:D

Very true look at the size of some knitting needles that people get on with. LOL

Archived