St Maartin Snorkeling

DEBCAT65

DH, DS (16), DD (12) and I will be in St Maartin in October. We are beginning our research on excursions, and I am terrified of missing the ship and having to pay our own way to the next port, so we are looking into the ship's excursions.

Any recent experience with Capt Morgan's snorkeling or Lord Sheffields Tall Ships? I have seen some reviews, but most appear quite old.

Please feel free to offer any other suggestions for us to try!!!

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Deb

We just got back from there...did a day trip with http://www.captainalan.com...we were aboard the Awesome Too with Captain Colleen. I can't say enough about snorkelling there with her, the whole day was the BEST day of our cruise. You can feel safe dealing with private tours as long as they have been reviewed here positively. Remember, these private operators depend entirely on their reputations....and one missed ship will forever sink them! Our captain was very attentive to the time, and had arranged transportation back to the ship for us. We were back onboard a full TWO hours before we were due to leave port...if you communicate with the tour operators, you'll find they are very sensistive to your needs and your concerns. Things do happen like weather set-backs, and the good ones are in touch with your ship's plans. Look for one who will not charge you if something out of your control happens. I've been planning our cruises for ten years now, almost always use non-ship provided tours, and not once have we even come close to having to scramble for the ship. Now...walking around towns and shopping...time can get away from you!!! Still....I've never seen a private tour be the reason ANYONE didn't make their ship. Good research and good communication are key. Enjoy your planning...it's a fun time!

Archived