Baltic weather

adjen

It will be cool, but on a good day you can sunbathe. I have not sailed the Baltic (that's summer 2009!), but I was involved with an underwater archaeology excavation off the coast of Sweden in the late '80's. It was drysuit scuba diving to be sure, but when we weren't working, we often were able to lie out in swimsuits (no pool on our dive boat, so whether you'd be comfortable lying out in a wet swimsuit might be another question). I checked BBC weather averages for Stockholm and they listed 71 as the average high for July ... that seems about what I remember there.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Janet <JBFLeBlanc@aol.com>

I live in Copenhagen and have been here for a year now.

Weather in the Baltics in August is usually really really nice. FOR US.

For those of you coming from a warmer climate, it's going to seem cool.

I would venture to say that you'll enjoy temps in the very high 60s to 80s.

Pack and dress in plenty of layers, and bring a packable umbrella or poncho.

Enjoy your trip!

How is the weather in the Baltic in early August? Can one use the pool?

Adjen:)

Two years ago, at the end of August/first of September, there were a two nice warm days so the pools were used fully. I would assume that there will be no problem with the weather at the beginning of August. Also, the outdoor pools were heated, which was a pleasant surprise; but the Thalassotherapy pool was closed the entire trip. Hope this helps.

What about 3 or 4th week in September. This would be the last of the Baltic cruises. We are looking at 2010.

Thanks Joy

We planned for fall weather in Canada and took clothes accordingly. The Baltic is around the same latitude as James Bay, but I suspect might be a tad warmer. First week of September was lovely. (Don't forget to pack a compact-folding rain poncho or something....you never know. We got rain in Copenhagen and ours came in handy.):)

Archived