Rome in a Limo tours

The only suggestion I have for you is to sit back and enjoy what you are about to see and experience. The day goes by so fast,so hold on to those memories. Our day with Duman was priceless,so you won't have to worry about a thing.

Enjoy! Shelly:)

I will add my two cents here.....we had two days of tours with romeinlimo and they were the most enjoyable of the cruise......our first trip to Europe, and we could not have picked a better touring company. Enjoy.....

So glad to hear that they are actually as wonderful as they seem to be. They are so accommodating when booking. I was just hoping they were that nice throughout the entire experience. It sounds as if they are. Now I really can't wait until October!

You will have an absolutely wonderful tour with this amazing company. I had used them 2 years ago, and knew if I returned to Europe they would be the company to use again. My family will agree, how prompt, accomendating, and knowlegable their drivers and staff are. Always there on time, and will ask you how much time you want at a stop. Enjoy your tour, you have made a great choice with Romeinlimo.

First time booking private tours. It seems that Rome in Limo tours gets rave reviews. We've booked three tours with them. Any extra suggestions?:)

No suggestions..except sit back and be prepared for a 5* experince. I would use them in a heartbeat...regardless on how I got to Italy...flying in or cruising in.

Abbyroo - We have Romeinlimo reserved in Rome for our upcoming Emerald Princess cruise departing Venice on Sept. 9th. They will be picking us up at the Port and returning us there. We also arranged for them to secure tickets for the Vatican guide. We will be sure to report after we return.

We used RomeInLimo last October, and as jdm said they meet you right at the pier as you get off the ship. You'll see lots of drivers standing around holding signs. Look for the one with your last name.

If there's anything particular you want to see, make sure you let them know. It will probably already be on their agenda, but if not they can usually work it into their tour.

These reviews are wonderful to read. As a solo lady traveller, I've a lot of concerns and had a lot of experience booking quality, safe private tours over the last few years. It is the pre-cruise email discussion/experience re: fine tuning etc. that gives a major clue as to how the tour will actually go. And, ultimately with whom to book. Do they respond promptly, on "point" to your questions, show a genuine interest, etc. This process has worked very well for me in the past.

After many quotes from multiple companies & emails, I ultimately booked 3 with Rome In Limo for my Oct. '09 cruise. Sometimes, others from my cruises have joined me to defray part of the cost. Sometimes I don't bother to ask and go alone. It's great to hear confirmation that their "follow-up" tour is as good as their pre-sales discussion.

I'm truly looking forward to Italy and my tours with Rome in Limo. For me, it will be "once and only in a lifetime" so it matters a whole lot.

Thank you to those who took the time to post your experiences. And, to those of you heading out before the rest of us.......check back in here as to how you liked your tour. I'll be sure to report back as well.

Martha

Thanks to all of you who answered my query about port pick up by Rome In Limo and all the additional information. :o

Please post your observations after you return home from your cruise. I am inclined to think this is the right company to use for Rome!

Can anyone give me a ball park figure as to the cost in dollars? Realize tours are custom made for everyone, but just a general idea. We are so unsure as to how much actual cash in dollars and the euro to take.:confused:

Thanks again for your welcome input.:o

Abbyroo - You can find the rates for Romeinlimo on their website http://www.romeinlimo.com. We wanted to also use their services for the Livorne port, but they were fully booked. Suggestion - book early!

For Rome we are paying 500 Euro for a vehicle and guide that fits up to six passengers for nine hours. We are also paying 150 Euro for the private vatican guide. As stated on their website, the entrance fees per person for the Colosseum 11 Euros, Vatican Museum 14 Euros and Catacombs 5 Euros.

Above does not include lunch or gratuities.

Thank you JDM!! I was also wondering if someone else booked a similar excursion as the one we outline for them, would they include those folks with us? Right now it is just my husband and I and I would not mind any added folks. Might make it even more interesting.

How close to cruise time would you suggest we actually book with them?

Our cruise board thus far consists of 2 other couples and they indicated they were interested in another tour company. Perhaps as we get closer to cruise time, there others will join the board for our sailing. After all it isn't till 9/1/09.

Again, thanks for the info!

Martha and Abbyroot---- I was on the transatlantic cruise in May and used Rome in Limo for Rome and Florence. As everyone states they are outstanding. Jany is wonderful answering everyones emails promptly. We had a change of the number of people in our group and within hours answered my email from the ship and then when I had to change it back did that promptly also. I just saw the following on another thread and thought you would be interested. I would say this service was way above and beyond.

We chose Rome in Limo after extensive research here and on other websites. The people in charge are highly compitent, friendly, and extremely helpful and patient with answering multiple emails. So quick to respond as well. Everything with Rome in Limo was professional, yet with such thoughtful service it was as if we were visiting old family friends who wanted to show us their beautiful country!

We also booked multiple tours with them and got outstanding rates. Two and a half days in Rome - precruise, tour out of Naples, and the tour out of Livorno. When the cruise was over and we arrived back at the airport (transportation arranged by someone else on the ship I met online. The driver didn't bother to inform us our carrier, Air France, was on strike and no planes were flying.), we waited in line for an hour with many frustrated travelers before I decided to just give up on Air France and call Rome in Limo. They had a car at the airport to pick us up within 20 minutes. Francesco our driver called Jany (the main person in charge of operations) and was able to book an outstanding hotel in our price range very close to the Spanish Steps for the next two nights until we could get a flight out. Talk about service! They saved our behinds when hotels across Rome were completely sold out only a few hours after that because of all the stranded people. If we hadn't had their phone number in our back pocket from out previous tours, we could have spent the next two days fighting Air France and other angry travelers in Rome's airport. Rome in Limo is our new best friends!!!! They make the impossible happen!

That all shows what an outstanding and reliable company they are and that they really do care about the people who book travel with them. You really would be making a wise move to book your travel with them.

I would never have thought to call them. Enjoy your trip and research.

I knew they were good, but that is OUTSTANDING service. They really do take care of their clients and that story is a great example. We will definitely use them again in Italy-no hesitation at all!! Shelly:)

Just got back from western med.cruise.We used Romeinlimo for 3 days,Naples,Pompeii and Amalfi Coast,Rome, and Florence and Pisa.It was worth every penny and more.Drivers and guides make you feel like family but are always professional as well.They are at your disposal for the day.They each add their own special touches .They know all the ins and outs and how to manage your time.You can alter your itinerary to suit your tastes. You do not wait on any lines,everything is taken care of for you by your guide.The separate tour guides for the vatican and pompeii were the best thing we could have done,you get so much more out of the experience with your own personal guide.We will definitely use them again!!

Can I ask again all your former Rome In Limo bookers, how close to cruise sail would you suggest I contact them and arrange a tour? We don't sail till 9/1/09 on Ruby Princess.

You all are so wonderful sharing your information and insight. Always best to follow the advice of folks who have "beent here, done that"! Thanks to all of you.

I'd book them now,just to make sure. I was in contact with Jany over a yr. before we actually sailed and I'm sure it was the longest year of her life answering all my questions:D,but I wanted to be sure we could get them. As it turns out, we ended up with Duman who is absolutely fabulous and we had a tour of a lifetime. Shelly:)

We are going back to Rome in September and were lucky enough to get Salvatore as our driver again. In May one of our 4 cruise critic couples had a cancelled flight in Germany. Sal was so accommodating and calmed our worries over the 2 hour delay and made our next 2 days perfect. His rearranging and flexing the tour to meet our changing interests and needs was priceless. Here we go again. Bravo Rome in Limo!

Jan and Ed

My cruise leaves in a month (8/23) and I haven't booked any tours yet. I only recently discovered this fantastic website! I've only read accolades for Romeinlimo, but I've also read good things about allarounditaly. Can anyone compare the two? If I get shut out of Romeinlimo, what is the next best choice? (I want someone who will be knowledgeable but fun and who my two early teenage boys will find interesting!)

We're also going to the Med in September '09. Our itinerary has two days in Rome, and from what I understand, it's quite a ways from the dock to the city. Would you recommend romeinlimo pick us up and drop us off both days? Am I correct on the distance issue? Thought about getting a room in Rome, but with the Euro (not to mention I hate to leave the ship period!), I don't think that's the best solution.

We have an overnight in Sorrento as well - do they do all of Italy?

We are booked with Rome in Limo for the end of October at Livorno. We'd love to do the Tuscany countryside and hopefully do something that includes the olive harvest, lunch in the countryside, views. Unfortunately, we're not clear what we've signed up for. Rome in Limo isn't giving us a set itinerary and since we're just ignorant tourists, we don't know what to ask for or what is realistic within our time restraints. And when we're asking others to join our tour, we hate being vague about exactly what our tour will include, especially for Euros 700.

Would some of you please tell us what you did in Tuscany? Did you include a stop in Pisa in your day? Did you do Tuscany and Florence combined? Or was there enough to do in Tuscany to fill the day? (our preference)

Thank you very much!

Jane

Archived