Rome in a Limo tours

We are taking Ruby Princess 9/1/09. Will Rome In Limo pick up at the port or do we need to make our way to Rome itself and meet up with them?

Rome in Limo will meet yu wherever yu need them t be. Jany is mst efficient in arranging the details t meet yur requirements. We are using them again in September! Great service!

Jan

We're also going to the Med in September '09. Our itinerary has two days in Rome, and from what I understand, it's quite a ways from the dock to the city. Would you recommend romeinlimo pick us up and drop us off both days? Am I correct on the distance issue? Thought about getting a room in Rome, but with the Euro (not to mention I hate to leave the ship period!), I don't think that's the best solution.

We have an overnight in Sorrento as well - do they do all of Italy?

Time is $. They service bth st0ps and pick up at the ship gets yu ahead the rush.

Jan

My wife and I and six of our friends (all mid 50's) just returned from a 12 night Mediterranean Cruise on the Celebrity Summit. Rather than booking tours through the ship and travelling on big busses we booked all private tours. Our tours in Italy were all arranged through Jany at Rome In Limo. All emails were answered incredibly fast, in fact I wondered if she ever slept! The vehicles were great. We had an eight passenger Mercedes mini van in one port and eight passenger Mercedes Sprinters in two of the ports. All new and comfortably air conditioned. Our first tour was in Naples and Capri. The Amalfi coast is absolutely beautiful. Our driver was Nello and we had a tour guide in Pompeii. Her name was Philameno and both she and Nello were awesome! Nello brought us to a great lunch spot and it's a day we will all remember. The next day we toured Rome with our driver Salvatore. We had a private guide for the Vatican Sarah who we absolutely recommend highly. Made the tour amazing for us. Salvatore was awesome also. Played Italian CD's for us on our ride back to the ship, took us to a wonderful little restaurant and again made this a day we will always remember. And finally our third tour with Rome In Limo was in Florence with our driver Fabrizio. Had lots of fun experiences in Florence, some great shopping and we got to see sights with Fabrizio that you would never see on a ship tour. Needless to say, we highly recommend this company. They are true professionals and helped to make this vacation one we will always remember.

Randy Cohen

Nashua, NH

USA

Just e-mail Jany (info@romeinlimo.com) with these questions. They can custom design a tour that fits your needs. We were picked up at Livorno and went to Pisa, then Florence, then olive tree farm/retail outlet in the countryside. If you want less time in the cities and more in the countryside you just need to let them know ahead of time.

Thank you for telling us what you did with your day tour through Rome in Limo. We have been corresponding with Jany. She does answer promptly.

We would appreciate ideas/suggestions of what others have done with their day in Tuscany. What else is there to do besides drive around the countryside? Has anyone visited a vineyard? Would you recommend it? How long did that take?

Thanks!

Jane

I have posted a review of all our tours with the "Amazing, Wonderful...ect. ect" Romeinlimo. But, Florence in particular. That was our first experience with this amazing company. Johnny was our driver. He was in a suit an tie with a sign with our name on it. A wonderful van with ice cold water for us!. We went to Pisa early (we had no intention of climbing the tower) We took pix, shopped, and then on to Florence. Since our ship was in port on a Monday, we were unable to go to the "usual" stops. Johnny showed us Olive trees (and how they make olive oil). We went to a beautiful basillica where many famous/infamous people are buried (read my review). We shopped in town (go to to the market, better choices and bargaining). We ate a great restaurant (Jany can tell you where we ate, but we told Johnny what we wanted and he called ahead and made a reservation for us). We then went shopping at the market. They really do whatever you want. Just ask Jany and she will work with you. We actually had the honor of having Duman, the owner of the company) as our tour guide our second day in Rome, and we talked about how great his company is and the great work they do. ALL our guides were WONDERFUL and very funny, personable and so informed and we had THE BEST TIME!

Please be secure in using this company. I have friends who have sailed on Princess and did "ship tours" as well as RCCL tours, and they think we are SOOO lucky!

Any questions e-mail me at i-leenandjoe@msn.com

Have a great trip!

syncmaster-

I grew up in Nashua. small world.

I know this seems like a stupid question, but i want to book private tours ( quite possibly with romeinlimo), but I am trying to get some people on our roll call to join to reduce costs). When I contact romeinlimo for the first time, do I just ask about availability, explaining that I am still working on number of people and exact itinerary desired? I want to be sure they are available and THEN work out the details.

This is the first time I will book a private tour...anywhere. help.

Dont rule out Stefano or Big Marco from Romecabs! Romeinlimo gets the job done...but our day with Big Marco in Rome was by far the most amazing and spectacular days, jam packed day in which we needed to do nothing but follow his lead. Simply amazing and worth every penny. If you choose to do Romeinlimo for some of your ports...mix it up and try romecabs. I was leary about doing so and was so very happy I was able to compare companies. Romecabs is a much smaller company and they do not contract their drivers out since they only do Rome. Romeinlimo contracts out or hires drivers who live in a particular area and specialize in lets say, Florence or Naples(which of course makes sense), but are not his immediate "team" of drivers from Rome.

Nora

We travelled as a group of eight so were all set for their eight passenger vehicles. There were people on our roll call looking for additional passengers for the same reason as you to reduce costs. We had booked a company in Athens that supplied 16 passenger vehicles and the cost was the same for 8 or 10 and then increased 40 Euros for each passenger over 10. We met a couple on the ship that joined us with their two teenage children and we had a great day and their contribution substantially lowered our per person cost. So I think if you book you have a good chance of filling the vehicle. If I recall correctly they have a very reasonable cancellation policy. Would suggest you email Jany with your concerns. She always provided us with great service and very quick responses. Enjoy your cruise! Where in Nashua?

syncmaster-

I grew up in Nashua. small world.

I know this seems like a stupid question, but i want to book private tours ( quite possibly with romeinlimo), but I am trying to get some people on our roll call to join to reduce costs). When I contact romeinlimo for the first time, do I just ask about availability, explaining that I am still working on number of people and exact itinerary desired? I want to be sure they are available and THEN work out the details.

This is the first time I will book a private tour...anywhere. help.

jwave, I did the same thing you're considering. I first booked them for 2 people on the dates I wanted to lock in the dates. Then I went to the roll call for our cruise and asked if anyone was interested in joining us. After people said they would join us I emailed Jany and asked if we could upgrade to a van. I doubt there would be any problem getting a bigger vehicle, they are always more than happy to make more money. :)

You always have the option to cancel up to a week before the cruise. Unfortunately we had to do this when Princess cancelled our Med cruise after be boarded the ship in Southampton. I just emailed Jany and no problem cancelling. We subsequesntly rebooked our cruise and rebooked with Romeinlimo.

I doubt you'll have any problem getting others to join you. Once you hit 4 or 5 people the cost per person is less than what the cruiseline is charging, and it's a lot better than touring with 50 people in a bus. I ended up with 7 people for Rome, and had more people ask to join but their largest van held 8.

We used Romeinlimo in Florence and in Rome.....In Florence, we traveled to Tuscany hills and went to a castle hotel where we saw lemons and olives growing and a beautiful place to stay if we return.....we visited a winery and a monestery where we bought both wine and a special liquor the monks make. It was really a wonderful time, and we still had time to visit the overlook of Florence where the statute of David stands and also go into Florence and wonder around all the beautiful places. This was AFTER we went to Pisa....can't ask for more

As for the roll call tour, we are in process of doing it. Rome in limo told me I could ask as many as I wanted to and they would have enough vans for them all.....so I did. I have about 51 people so far for our cruise next year.

Great info I will email Jany today. I will also consider Romecabs.

syncmaster: I grew up on Booth Street... a TINY little street.off of Lake Street and Fairview. I went to Fairview Junior High and Nashua High...back when there was only one. I still have family there. All my cousins and aunts and uncles still live in either Nashua or nearby. I have not visited for 8 years, and have not lived there for 20 though.

We used Romeinlimo in Florence and in Rome.....In Florence, we traveled to Tuscany hills and went to a castle hotel where we saw lemons and olives growing and a beautiful place to stay if we return.....we visited a winery and a monestery where we bought both wine and a special liquor the monks make. It was really a wonderful time, and we still had time to visit the overlook of Florence where the statute of David stands and also go into Florence and wonder around all the beautiful places. This was AFTER we went to Pisa....can't ask for more

Do you remember who your driver was? We would like to do a similar day with RomeinLimo out of Livorno. Was there anything else you did that day? Where did you eat lunch?

thanks!

Can someone tell me the price of their tour w/Rome In Limo? And how long for that price?

Our tour was about 9 hours, but realize that it takes 30-45 minutes to get from the port to Rome (and vice versa) depending on traffic.

We were also able to get a discount by booking more than one tour. We used them in both Naples and Rome. If I had to do it over again I would have also booked them in Florence. The ship's tour was a disappointment after experiencing a private tour. When the bus driver says "be back here in 1 hour" there's always those that think he really means 1 1/2 hours. We wasted a lot of time waiting for late comers to saunter back to the bus.

I cant say enough about this company. I used them 7/20/08 - 7/22/08 and 8/1/08 all were prompt, courteous,reasonably priced. Did everything we wanted, clean vehicles, drivers knowledgeable, friendly and whitty...couldnt have asked for a better tour. They made it most memorible. Vincenze in Rome, Nello in Naples, and Laura in Livorno.. you cant go wrong with them.

Lauri

Do Rome in Limo take Euro traveler's checks or do they prefer cash?:confused:

We used them on our cruise last month. We used a combination of euro travelers checks and euros to pay for the driver and guides.

We've already booked with Rome in a Limo for Oct. 09 Voyager cruise. We are using them fir Rome, with private guide in Vatican City. It is costing us 600 Euros for the day (a pretty hefty sum), but compared with what we'd get w/ship tour, we believe it was well worth it, especially since this is our first, and probably only, trip to Rome. Current rates are locked (keeping fingers crossed that dollar gets stronger in the next year). There are a few that we found to be a little less costly, but I didn't get the same "warm fuzzies". Every question I sent Jany by e-mail was responded to within the hour. Just keep in mind they take cash only (euros or dollars)- no credit cards.

One other thing to keep in mind. Look at Royal Carib.'s Vatican tour- NO guarantee you can get into the sights if "lines are too long". Instead, your guide "will describe the interiors of the museum". Well, whoop-de-doo- I can read that in a tour book. With the private guide, I KNOW we're getting in, and probbly not wasting undue time aimlessly wandering, as enjoyable as that might be, IF we had unlimited time to do so.

Just back from a 12 day cruise and used Rome In Limo for all 3 stops in Italy. We had drivers Ricardo in Livorno, Chris in Rome and Carmine in Naples. They were all very good. My DD preferred Chris while my wife and I thought Carmine was the best. For a Vatican guide request Julia. Not only was she beautiful, she made all the history and art very entertaining.

We used Rome In Limo in Naples, Rome and Livorno and they were exceptional. I've traveled a lot over the years and Rome In Limo is definitely the best private tour company I've ever encountered. Each of our guides treated us just like family and their service was beyond compare. Our three days with Rome In Limo were the highlights of our cruise and I would book them again in a heartbeat. Frankly, I can't imagine doing a Mediterranean cruise without them.

Each of our days in port was completely customized and we saw about three times more than others who took the ship's shore excursions. The staff of Rome In Limo knows exactly how to save time and avoid the crowds, so they make it possible. We got to do exactly what we wanted to do and spend the day our way, which was very important to us since we had so little time. We wanted to cram as many experiences in to the time that we had, and Rome In Limo made it happen without feeling rushed. We returned to the ship thrilled each day and we spent our dinners talking about all the amazing things that we had done.

Ask them anything. Tell them what you want to do and the kinds of things that are important to you. They'll make it happen. Pictures are important to me and all of our guides went out of their way to show us the best spots and to stop when I saw something that I liked. Let them know what you want to buy - they know all of the good places. Most importantly, tell them about your preferences and how you want to spend your time. This is particularly true for lunches. On our Naples day, we spent the morning touring Positano and the Amalfi Coast and were looking for a seaside seafood spot for lunch. Our guide took us to the most amazing beachside restaurant in Sorrento where we dined on a jetty going out into the sea. The food was fantastic and so were the views. We felt like we were in a movie. In Rome, we had the best pasta that we've ever tasted. The combination of flavors was better than heaven. In Livorno, we wanted to see absolutely everything and it involved a lot of time and driving. In this case, we told our guide that we wanted to skip lunch. I know - it was Tuscany and that should be a crime. But for us, we wanted to see Florence, Pisa and San Gimignano and spend our time finding little gems along Tuscany's back roads. The exploring was more important than the food for us, and our guide made it happen. We saw everything and more, and he even took us on an impromptu tour of a beautiful little walled village along the way. We had a late lunch of fantastic gelato in San Gimignano and it was the perfect day for us.

That's just the thing. Rome In Limo allowed us to spend the day our way in each of the ports and to do exactly what we wanted to do. For someone else, Tuscany's food might be just the thing and Rome In Limo will make it happen for them.

Rome In Limo was worth every penny for us. They made our visit to Italy magical. Jany is so responsive and each of our guides was terrific. These people are the real deal. Enjoy your trip!

I so agree with what sunlover just said! Our tour with Rome in limo was beyond compare and better than we ever thought! Having that personal touch of one's own driver and guide is priceless. We would use them again in a heartbeat!! Shelly

I checked last night and the average tour was about $500 for 2 people. At that price I couldn't afford to use them. Am I figuring out the euros wrong? It would have to be a big discount!

We always try to take advantage of the economy of scale... 6 to 8 folks gather together on our roll calls to share the terrific experience and dilute the expense. Do not hesitate to plan a little to save alot. Just don't scrimp on the things that matter. Time saved and service rendered really did amplify the value!

Archived