Cozumel with a 9 month old

gkrnjlr

I do NOT mean to keep coming here and posting for each of my ports but you've all been so helpful and I don't think I'd get as much help going on the port boards for each port......so here goes....

In Cozumel we're leaning towards doing something on our own or just "tooling around" and not doing much of anything. We've been there and went to Paradise Beach last time. We live at the beach though and aren't huge beach people.

What type of "low key" day would you suggest for us with a 9 month old in tow? We wouldn't mind the beach but I'm really hesitant about a taxi with our daughter. We'd like to get off the ship without having to lug a carseat with us.

Any suggestions? I'm open to literally all suggestions....as long as you keep in mind that our 9 mo. old daughter is going!

Thanks!

We did Cozumel with our then 9 month old daughter in December. It was nice having a dock! We just rolled her off in the Stroller and we walked around a bunch of the main streets. She loved looking at all the colorful souvenirs, animals, statues, and we even got a great deal on a custom bracelet that she got to watch a super nice mexican lady make in front of her.

Just be aware of your surroundings. We made one turn and instantly felt a bit uncomfortable (police with machine guns, no tourist stuff, etc.) but quickly got back to the main drag and all was well again.

There is always construction, traffic, and congestion so make sure to use a small umbrella type stroller.

If you're looking for slightly more structure, I know there are some small minigolf places with birds and reptiles, but we liked the flexibility of just walking off and on the ship a couple of times.

we did the same....we just rolled off with the stroller and shopped then went back to the ship..and then went back out...so it was nice being right there with all the shops...

this time we might do something different since he is a little older...not sure yet.

We have been leaning more towards the larger stroller that the car seat/carrier snaps into. We probably will just put her in the stroller rather than car seat/carrier at the time, but that stroller has a cup holder as well as a basket on the bottom to hold things for us. Do you think that this stroller is going to be too big?

The idea of just getting off the ship and walking around right there is what we were thinking initially. Is there anywhere right there to get in the water? I remember that there was a bar called swingers or something with swings at it and there was a small place to look out onto the water but was there a place to get IN the water within walking distance?

Thanks!

As long as you're careful and stay away from the peak times you'll be okay with the larger stroller, just be careful of ankles and uneven terrain!

I don't remember any nice looking place nearby to get in the water, but I could be mistaken.

i dont think there is...when we went in 04...I think there was..but it has changed ..and the time I went in april this year they had changed everything. Basically its all shops and places to eat...now we didnt venture very far...so there might be a beach area somewhere....you can probably check the cozumel board.

One advice....when you get off and go towards the shop...its kind of hard to find the elevator ....just ask one of the ladies in the shop when you first walk in and they will direct to it...the elevator is through the first shop and you have to pick up the stroller to go down one step. and you need to go up one floor to get to the shopping area...

It's been a few years since we've been there and I didn't even remember there being a second floor for shopping! It must've really changed.

All I remember is getting off the ship and going through the building....and coming out to an open area with more shopping.

Thanks for the info.

I will post on the Cozumel board too to see if there's an open place there.

Thanks!

yeah that is what it was like in 04 when we went...I remember there being a senior frogs and a little beach area where we were able to lay on chairs and look straight at the cruise ship.

I am not sure if we just dock somewhere else...but yeah you have to go to the 2nd floor to get into the shopping area...but its a nice shopping area...

Archived