Cabins to book on Veendam

geologygeek

Hi Cruise Critics,

We're just back from a fantastic Alaskan trip on the Volendam (spotted bears in Glacier Bay and Haines and heaps of humpbacks just out of Juneau) and we booked to go on the Veendam to the Carribbean in November. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for good cabins to try and book on the Veendam, at the moment we've got a DD grade on Lower Prom Deck. I know that there are some cabins to avoid right underneath the galley. Has anyone please got any clues?

Cheers, Rob.

We were on the Veendam in Alaska for 2 wks. - May 30-June 13 - and were in cabin 782 - E category on Main deck. The location was fantastic as it was low and right in the middle of the ship. If we had been prone to sea sickness, there would have been little movement in this cabin. We did experience some noise when they were unloading luggage but otherwise were very happy there.

I've been on the Veendam twice. The first time I was assigned a cabin on the Main deck starboard side just past the aft elevators. I like it so much that I booked the same area again the next time. Being by the elevators/stairs is very handy for getting to the dining room, the Lido buffet and just one level up to the lower promenade (walk-around) deck. In addition, there is a little covered deck on the stern that felt like our own private deck (just ignore the "Staff only" signs. ;))

;)

Hi Cruise Critics,

We're just back from a fantastic Alaskan trip on the Volendam (spotted bears in Glacier Bay and Haines and heaps of humpbacks just out of Juneau) and we booked to go on the Veendam to the Carribbean in November. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for good cabins to try and book on the Veendam, at the moment we've got a DD grade on Lower Prom Deck. I know that there are some cabins to avoid right underneath the galley. Has anyone please got any clues?

Cheers, Rob.

The forward DDs are below the Rubens Lounge. You may enjoy some rehearsal and show time music, but it will be muffled.

The aft DDs are below the dining room That shouldn't be a problem unless a waiter drops a full tray. ;)

Archived