Birthday on the ship.

ChrisB123

I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this question. :) Dh will be having a birthday our second day on board. ( Sapphire Princess 10/18/08 ). Does anyone have any cute/wonderful/exciting/fun ideas of what I can do to prepare for this? I plan on bringing decorations and a few gifts but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

Maybe order a special romantic package? and surprise him with some champagne and fruits :))) i am sure you can preorder it for any specific day to be delivered, thats what we are doing for our sail away on RCCL

• 4 weeks later...

Every year for the past 8 or 9 I have been on a cruise for my birthday and I love it! If you make sure it's in their cruise personalizer they will put decorations on your door during the night so when you get up the next morning you find balloons, etc. Also, remind your waiter the night beforehand that it's a birthday the next night and he/she will bring a cake and sing.

I have had my friends decorate my cabin - the inside which was fun as we left them up all week. (I'm sure our cabin steward had a heart attack when they saw them all as there were tons of them but we took every last one down at the end so he wouldn't have to.) Last year we were with a group and it was somebody else 60th birthday so I had t-shirts made up for the day which we all wore.

Of course you are on Princess so if you wanted to do something really special and romantic I would recommend the balcony dining dinner for his birthday. You need to sign up for it ahead of time as they only do 2 per night but it is a wonderful treat! You two will be served dinner out on your verandah course by course, they'll bring flowers, a photographer will come by at the beginning and take a picture, champagen, etc. Like I said, very special and romantic!

Archived