Freeport Airport

JCJR

How far is the Airport from the docks. I am planning on renting a car. I have driven on the left side of the road many times before so I do not think it will be that big of a problem. I would like to visit Our Lucaya, Gold Rock beach and then head west to another beach for snorkeling ( can't remember the name).

How far is the Airport from the docks. I am planning on renting a car. I have driven on the left side of the road many times before so I do not think it will be that big of a problem. I would like to visit Our Lucaya, Gold Rock beach and then head west to another beach for snorkeling ( can't remember the name).

The airport is about 15-20 min ride but may cost as much as $20pp if you can find one that will go.... not many people going that way so they may want you to buy the entire cab which could get quite expensive.

The alternative is rent at the pier. Avis has a rental office:

https://www.avis.com/AvisWeb/reservation/ReservationsDispatcher;jsessionid=bzhjLFXG8c2HRQC5jGvN8htvl7dwgTGQ4WGHywVbwlpspWL0tzT1!1987381429?FORM_NAME=RES_FORM&CT0=US&PE1=CA&WV0=US&PQ1=CA&OK0=US&CA0=US&NE0=US&AZ0=US&SD0=US&IL0=US&ME0=US&WI0=US&VI2=AU&FL0=US&ACTION=SHOP&ND0=US&SC0=US&NJ0=US&MD0=US&YT1=CA&RI0=US&NV0=US&AL0=US&AR0=US&VT0=US&DE0=US&ID0=US&NC0=US&UT0=US&TN0=US&WA2=AU&WA0=US&MI0=US&VA0=US&MO0=US&AK0=US&TA2=AU&WY0=US&NB1=CA&OH0=US&SA2=AU&ON1=CA&NH0=US&MB1=CA&HI0=US&NT2=AU&NT1=CA&MN0=US&PA0=US&MT0=US&DC0=US&MA0=US&BC1=CA&IN0=US&NM0=US&LA0=US&NS2=AU&CO0=US&NS1=CA&AC2=AU&TX0=US&NY0=US&MS0=US&QL2=AU&IA0=US&RESERVATION_CTX=RESERVATION_CTX_HOME&KS0=US&NF1=CA&KY0=US&OR0=US&SK1=CA&GA0=US&AB1=CA&ORI_Pub=AvisHomePage&ORI_SESSION_LANG=en&PICKUP_MONTH=6&PICKUP_DAY=22&RETURN_MONTH=6&RETURN_DAY=23&PICKUP_HOUR=9&PICKUP_MINUTE=0&PICKUP_AM_PM=AM&RETURN_HOUR=9&RETURN_MINUTE=0&RETURN_AM_PM=AM&PICKUP_LOCATION_CODE=&CITY_NAME=freeport&STATE=&COUNTRY_CODE=BS&LOCATION_TYPE=ALL&WIZARD_NUMBER=&LAST_NAME=&AIRLINE_CODE=&FLIGHT_NUMBER=&TARGET.%252Freservation%252FReservationsInitializer%253FACTION%253DHOME%2526.x=90&TARGET.%252Freservation%252FReservationsInitializer%253FACTION%253DHOME%2526.y=14

Not sure about others.

Good luck

Thanks Bob.

I thought about canceling my reservation for the rental on your advice and called the Rental Agency at the airport to see if they will pick me up and the agent said that they had a desk at the pier and can get my car there. I explained that I already made reservations for the airport location and she said that they were the same. I asked her again and even gave my booking number.

I guess I will wait and see when I arrive in 2 days.

Thanks Bob.

I thought about canceling my reservation for the rental on your advice and called the Rental Agency at the airport to see if they will pick me up and the agent said that they had a desk at the pier and can get my car there. I explained that I already made reservations for the airport location and she said that they were the same. I asked her again and even gave my booking number.

I guess I will wait and see when I arrive in 2 days.

What is the name of the company? You must remember that people in the Bahamas will tell you something while having no idea what they are talking about and then deny the conversation happened. Love the people but truth is truth... unless you have a reservation that says the pier I would plan on a long wait or getting a cab to the airport. Cancel you reservation, get one thru Avis and be done with it.

Bob

Archived