Double decker bus questions...please

cod

Hi! I just read a review that mentions a $2 ride on a dd bus. He wasn't more specific and I'm wondering if he's talking about the public transportation buses between Progreso and the capital city that have been recommended by some.

We were in Progreso a few years ago but was clueless back then and just rode the shuttle into Progreso, shopped a while and then it was back to the ship. This time I'm reading all the posting on this board and looking forward to going back.

Thanks!

Those are two different trips. Double deck bus is a 40 mins. city tour around Progreso City and it cost about 2 USD p/pax you'll find it next to the shuttle stop. The bus station to capital city Merida is at two blocks from the shuttle bus station and it cost around 3 USD round trip (30 min each way). Regards.

Those are two different trips. Double deck bus is a 40 mins. city tour around Progreso City and it cost about 2 USD p/pax you'll find it next to the shuttle stop. The bus station to capital city Merida is at two blocks from the shuttle bus station and it cost around 3 USD round trip (30 min each way). Regards.

After you ride the double decker bus and shop are they a free shuttle that takes you back to the ship or get a taxi?

After you ride the double decker bus and shop are they a free shuttle that takes you back to the ship or get a taxi?

Yes, one of the same free buses that picks you up from the pier to take you into town will pick you up in the same spot by the open air market to take you back.

I've done the $2 double decker bus tour in Progreso twice. The only thing I would caution you about is if you are on the top deck, you will need to duck down frequently for electric lines which cross the streets. Some are very low! Other than that, the ride is very nice.

There's no reason not to do both the Progreso double-decker bus tour and take public bus system to Merida! Take the double-decker bus tour right at the Casa de Cultura (where the shuttles from the ship drop you off). It returns to the same spot. Then, walk south (away from the Gulf) on Calle 80 about 2 blocks. On the right hand side you'll see the vans that go to Merida for about 14 pesos a perosn. (If you get to the town square you've gone too far). The vans drop you off about a block from the Plaza Mayor in downtown Merida. You can pick up the van at the same spot in Merida, or take Auoprogreso, for the same cost, back to Progreso when you're done in Merida. You might want to check out our maps at http://www.yucatantoday.com/eng-maps.htm

Archived