Getting from Ft. Lauderdale airport to PO Miami + back.

What's the best method of accomplishing this? I see Carnival offers transfers but we are arriving one day early. Guess maybe I could find a hotel at the airport. Do any car rental agencies offer PU at airport and drop off at PO Miami. and back again? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I don't know if you already have a hotel or not. I didn't and your post made me start looking around. I just booked the Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port. They offer a pre/post cruise package. It includes free shuttle from the airport to hotel (my flight gets in at 10:30pm they pick up until at least midnight!!) breakfast--shuttle to the port of Miami, and they will shuttle you back to the airport after your cruise even if you are not going to stay the night again for 15.00 per person...way better then the 32.00pp I was finding other places!!! The room is a little more than I was going to pay (120ish I was trying to be cheep:p ), but not having to find all the different shuttles on my own is worth it to me!!! I hope this helps!!! Have a great trip!!!

Ashley

What's the best method of accomplishing this? I see Carnival offers transfers but we are arriving one day early. Guess maybe I could find a hotel at the airport. Do any car rental agencies offer PU at airport and drop off at PO Miami. and back again? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hey there! I fly into FLL a good bit on the way to the port (cheaper.) There is a great car service that I use called Infinity Transportation. I do not like the shuttles at all that either Carnival provides OR that run from the airports b/c you have to wait on the entire bus/shuttle to fill up before it will leave. And, if it's doing a hotel run, you will probably encounter Murphy's Law where they will drop everyone else off at the hotels that you are not staying in before they get to you! :) Not many great hotels around FLL airport. I'd suggest the Intercontinental in downtown Miami (from FLL, taxi or car service will be about $60 - $80) which is a great place. Have you ever stayed in South Beach? lots to choose from there - stay near Lincoln Ave and you will have lots to choose from for food, entertainment.

The nice part about a car service is that they will be right outside of the door waiting on you when you dock back at port. No need to wait in line for the taxi guys.

Not sure if any of that helps or not, but if you want the URL to the company I mentioned above, just let me know and I will forward it on, and if nothing else you could do an online quote just to see how much they will charge you.

Best of luck!

Archived