Single Mom w/ 2yo

Pete'sMom

I posted this on the single board too. I hope it's okay to cross post. Has anyone done a cruise solo with a toddler? I'd love some advice or reassurance. We have booked New England for October on the NCL Spirit.

There are actually a bunch of us - some leave their husbands at home and some, like me, are on their own with toddler (in my case toddlers). I've done four cruises with my twin girls, starting when they were 1 (they're 3-1/2 now), and we have two more booked, so we obviously love it.

Michelle (cruisinmamma) has a great blog with tons of information, and she's done a bunch of cruising alone with her kids, so look for one of her posts and click on the link to her blog for any info you want.

Sounds like a great route you're taking - I'd love to do that one. For now we're stuck on the West Coast since to avoid the cost of flying.

Best,

Mia

Sorry to Piggyback here.

Michelle - I was looking through your blog again and reading the post about swimming and bringing the duck tub/pool.

Where do you find that tub? The one in the picture?! I've looked everywhere and can't find where to buy that thing - but I'd like to, and we're only 8 days off our cruise (yay!). Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am single mom with a son who is now 4. The first time I took him on a cruise he was two. We now go once a year. I find it a good way to relax with your child. One very important thing is to find one with a good chlidren's program so you can enjoy sometime on your own without worrying about your child.

Ginger

Sorry to Piggyback here.

Michelle - I was looking through your blog again and reading the post about swimming and bringing the duck tub/pool.

Where do you find that tub? The one in the picture?! I've looked everywhere and can't find where to buy that thing - but I'd like to, and we're only 8 days off our cruise (yay!). Please help!

You're probably on your cruise but for anyone else looking, just wanted to say I had one of those Munchkin brand duck tubs too. I got it at Target for $10. Here it is on Amazon.com

hth

Archived