An upsell story on P of A

bailey450

We booked an aft cabin on the P of A for our trip to Hawaii. It was a "family" cabin with a door to the attached cabin, however, we only had the one cabin. About a month before our cruise we got a call from our TA saying NCL had offered us a great deal...the most expensive cabin on the ship...the "Owners Suite". It was to be for several hundred dollars pp more. We love the aft cabins so we said no. After we left for Hawaii a week before the cruise, another offer was made for less $ but we never received the message as we were already gone. When we arrived for check-in the morning of our cruise, the lady said that our cabin had been changed!! I was concerned as I wanted our aft cabin so asked her to check what we had been switched to. She came back and said if we didn't want it she would take it!!! They had switched us to the "Owners Suite" for free!!! Needless to say it was wonderful...included 3 bottles of premium liquor, our own hot tub on the balcony, etc., etc. We even had a $100 ship credit. Obviously, some family wanted our cabin as well as the attached one. This was our first time on NCL and just lucked out. So, you never know. It all depends on how badly they want the cabin you have booked.

WOW....I was looking at an AF but also needed the attached room, the thought of an upsell occured since there are only 6 AF rooms on the ship, but never would have believed a no charge move to that catagory! How wonderful for you!!!

Bailey450-we were just boating in your neck of the woods yesterday-big surf and winds on the gulf side! We have an aft balcony that attaches to the AF so maybe someone will want mine too! When did you first receive an upsell offer? How was it, one floridian to another?

The "Owners' Suite" was fabulous...3 flat screen TVs, our own computer, huge bathroom, another lavatory, huge balcony w/hot tub, separate bedroom, etc. The TA contacted us about a month before. I think the secret was saying "no" to their offer because obviously they really needed our cabin in the aft. I really didn't mind turning them down as I love the aft cabins and we would have turned them down with their second offer as well. However, getting it for the same price was unbeliveable.

The ship is really nice..we loved all the Americana themes. Because of bad weather we were not able to get to the Big Island. If there is anything else you want to know, e-mail me at Bailey450@msn.com and I would be happy to answer your questions. Go to the port early as there is a nice shopping complex right there. You can check in at the ship and then leave and walk around.

Archived