My new baby is here!

Robin7

My new camera got here. I'm so excited!!! I can already tell I've got to get a screen protector of some kind for that display. It's HUGE. I might even be able to see the images in spite of my vision impairment.

The 70-300mm IS lens will be here tomorrow. Now to start learning the tech stuff all over again. If only I had a better 'eye'....

I do admit to a teeny tiny little bit of 'camera envy' when I was at a local girl's camp yesterday. The gal doing all the photography (amatuer like me) had a Nikon D80 with an 18-200mm lens on it. Very nice.

Still, I'm happy and ready to go shoot something. :D

Robin

2540338720095180459S600x600Q85.jpg

...The gal doing all the photography (amatuer like me) had a Nikon D80 with an 18-200mm lens on it. Very nice...

Robin

Now it will be her turn to be green!

Happy shooting!

Dave

Congrats on the camera!

When I got my 30d, I saw several threads that the protector was not needed like this one. I ended up not getting one. After 2 years, I've got no scratches. In bright situations, the LCD is already hard to see, so I've been happy with the decision.

By the way, I wouldn't have too many regrets on not having an 18-200. In general terms, the wider the range covered by the zoom, the more of a compromise you make. I carry 3 lenses normally. Though changing can be a bit annoying, there are rewards in the improved image quality.

Good shooting!

Archived