on phone with NCL right now

storm15

Sorry.....we are booked on the Sky on 8/15 and with all the problems and people recommended changing ships I have been getting frustrated.

Sorry for the confusion.

I just called my TA again she said after talking to NCL they would be able to offer us a 50% refund due to the late cancellation.

I think we will probably just take the chance on the SKY, what would you do??

glad you are going to take the chance...Good luck. yes, the AC seems to be a huge problem, let's hope it is cleared up in no time. As for allowing you to cancel and switch ships, even with insurance you would not be able to cancel unless you had "any reason" insurance which is very pricey. Toilet back up does happen on many ships just like in Apartments, not fun, for not unusual. The air conditioning is a different thing, I think the Sky has had problems with this off and on for years. Let's hope you don't have any trouble.

Nita

Ah, I just read the other thread about the AC and toilets. If those two issues are not fixed by the time you cruise, then you enoy the best you can...then write a letter when you return. I vouch that valid complaints are appropriately responded to.

coka

perfect advise...and if it were me, I wouldn't let the issue drop until I got compensation....

Nita

I agree with others about the air conditioning. Anyone forced to put up with more than a VERY short period (say a couple of hours) without air conditioning should have been moved (if possible) and compensated. AND NCL should not be selling cabins that are identified as having a chronic issue with air conditioning until they are fixed. I hope blackerbys17 pursues this.

My take is a QUICKLY fixed problem is acceptable and no big deal BUT a problem that persists - BAD and NOT acceptable.

Archived