Cincinnati to Auckland; Honolulu to Cincinnati

mike2915

I'm sailing on Celebrity's Millie starting in Auckland New Zealand April 12, 2009 and ending at Honolulu on April 26, 2009. I have booked cruise air w/ Celebrity as a hedge against high air fare and Celebrity's cost for my flight is $1,599.00 each for my wife and myself.

I unfortunately have CVG as my primary airport which for years has the highest airfare in the country, and I've been looking to book my own airfare to better control my own fate, and the cheapest I've been able to find is $2,018 using different airlines.

I've spend a lot of time reading this thread and have been impressed w/ the knowledge some posters have regarding airfare and I'm hoping someone can find something for me to use for about the same fare Celebrity is charging.

Thanks to everyone in advance and look forward to reading your suggestions.

Mike

I'm sailing on Celebrity's Millie starting in Auckland New Zealand April 12, 2009 and ending at Honolulu on April 26, 2009. I have booked cruise air w/ Celebrity as a hedge against high air fare and Celebrity's cost for my flight is $1,599.00 each for my wife and myself.

I unfortunately have CVG as my primary airport which for years has the highest airfare in the country, and I've been looking to book my own airfare to better control my own fate, and the cheapest I've been able to find is $2,018 using different airlines.

I've spend a lot of time reading this thread and have been impressed w/ the knowledge some posters have regarding airfare and I'm hoping someone can find something for me to use for about the same fare Celebrity is charging.

Thanks to everyone in advance and look forward to reading your suggestions.

Mike

IF you are willing to fly out of Dayton, I can come really close. Dayton to LAX RT on AA (one stop in St Louis each way). LAX to AKL. HNL to LAX

Three separate tickets, three airlines. Your only consequence would be claiming your luggage in LAX and changing terminals, where you would have to recheck your luggage. 95% chance you will have to change terminals no matter what air you use. You MAY not have to recheck your luggage. But think of it this way-IF you have to recheck, AT LEAST you KNOW your luggage made it to Los Angeles.

IF you are interested, I will post the flights which work with your cruise.

Greatam, I was hoping you would reply and am appreciative you did. I am about 60 miles south of Dayton and have flown out of there before (as many Cincinnati flyers do). I would appreciate you posting what the flight info is and thanks again for your quick response.

Mike

Greatam, I was hoping you would reply and am appreciative you did. I am about 60 miles south of Dayton and have flown out of there before (as many Cincinnati flyers do). I would appreciate you posting what the flight info is and thanks again for your quick response.

Mike

AA-RT Dayton to LAX-$282.00 (on the 10th, $330 on the 9th)--bookable TODAY on the AA website (the cheapie fare bucket on the 9th is sold out)

Flight 5291-Dayton to STL-leaves at 6:00AM

Flight 581-leaves STL at 8:50AM, arrives LAX 10:55

LAX to AKL

You have a couple of options:

Air Pacific flights FJ811 and FJ411-stopover for 4 hours in Nadi Fiji-693.10

leaves at 11:30PM on the 9th, arrives AKL at 1:00PM on the 11th.

Long wait at LAX-maybe some sightseeing or a day room at a hotel. Lots of them close to LAX, bookable on Priceline for about $55-70.00- Flight is bookable on the AirPacific website

OR

AirTahiti Nui-$899 on the 9th

The flight from LAX leaves at 4:10PM (so not too long at LAX), 6 hour layover in Tahiti, arrives AKL at 7:50AM on the 11th-TN 21 and TN2101 (codeshare with Air New Zealand to AKL)

Return:

Hawaiian Airlines-HA2-leaves HNL 1:15PM, arrives LAX-9:30PM-April 26-$477.74

AA flight 2414-leaves LAX to Dallas at 12:55AM-April 27-4 hour layover in Dallas

AA flight 1042-Dallas to Dayton-leaves DFW at 9:40AM, arrives Dayton 12:55PM.

AA flight

Using the AirPacific flight-total cost $1500.84

Using the AirTahiti Nui flight-$1706.74

Hope this helps

Archived