Cemetery Beach or Reef Grille

swimgirl1

We are having trouble deciding between Cemetery Beach and the Reef Grille, are they close enough to do both? Is it usually busy at Reef Grille? Oppinions of both would be great! Is the snorkeling that good at Cemertery Beach compared to say- Cozumel or Bora Bora?? :confused:

swimgirl1 - You could probably do both. I will try to give you the pros and cons of both. They are about 6 miles apart. Reef Grill is at the south end of seven mile beach closest to the pier and Cemetery is at the north end. There are no facilities there. Not even a bathroom. There were porta potties across the street from the cemetery when we were there last week but I think that is because there is some construction going on along the road. Reef Grill will be much more crowded but they have bar, restaurant, showers and changing rooms. We did not snorkel there so I can not compare it to cemetery. I thought the snorkeling at cemetery was very good. I have not snorkeled at the sites that you mentioned so I can't compare. The reef is out a ways and you can tell that the fish are used to being fed because they will swim right up to you and follow you around. Depending on how much time you have I would take a cab or the but to cemetery and check it out and you could always stop at the Reef Grill on your way back to town again either by cab or bus.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Thank you much for the good advice. I will try Cemetery first and then do lunch at Reef for the fritters. That way we can try both. Also thanks for telling me its 6 miles. I like to walk, but that is too far. Good deal we will take the bus/cab. Thanks again!

swimgirl1 - Some additional info on Cemetery - Coming back in from the reef was work. We do not have snorkel vests so we took some small rafts and we were very glad that we did. If I did it again I would rent fins too.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

If you go to the Reef Grill, just a short walk to the south is the Marriott Beach Resort. They have built an artificial reef in front of the Marriott, and my husband said the snorkeling was really good there now. I don't think it extends to the Reef Grill/Royal Palms beach, but it is only a 5 minute or so walk down the beach.

Archived