Stone Island

BalconyBumz

Has anyone done Stone Island not through the ship at 1/2 the price like through Joann and Sondra? I'm just trying to figure out if Stone Island is worth seeing for one and if it's worth paying double from the cruiseline. Any advice would be great.

Has anyone done Stone Island not through the ship at 1/2 the price like through Joann and Sondra? I'm just trying to figure out if Stone Island is worth seeing for one and if it's worth paying double from the cruiseline. Any advice would be great.

Just do Stone Island on your own. There is plenty of info on here telling you how to do it on your own. I plan to do that in December when I go.

So easy to do on your own. My DH was negative about doing this on our own, but once we did it and learned how to do it, he is now ready to do it on our own again. A quick walk to the water taxi area and then a ride across. We ate at Victors and rode ATV's. Had a blast. You can find directions on the boards. Just do a quick search.

I know you can do it on your own, but you can also pay $36 and have everything included with Joann's tours. Your ride there, ride back, free drinks and lunch, and 2 free activities.

We are doing this trip through mazattlan tours in sept.

Same $ amount you mentioned and $18 for our 8 year old and lunch, drinks and 2 activities. They pick up and drop off at the pier. Wonder if i am with Joanns and they book through "mazattlan tours"!

This tour was recommended by cruise critic people and it a much better deal than the ship!

We are doing this trip through mazattlan tours in sept.

Same $ amount you mentioned and $18 for our 8 year old and lunch, drinks and 2 activities. They pick up and drop off at the pier. Wonder if i am with Joanns and they book through "mazattlan tours"!

This tour was recommended by cruise critic people and it a much better deal than the ship!

Yes, I think you are looking at exactly what we are. Sounds like a good deal and less worrysome to me. Also, I'm trying to figure out the time they go ship time and the time they bring us back ship time. I want to make sure we have a good buffer being back. That's the only thing that makes me nervous booking outside the ship's tours.

We went to Stone Island last October. There was a large group. We went through Mazatlan Tours. They were excellent. http://www.mazatlantours.org/stone-island-tour.htm

We all enjoyed our time there. The trip was cheaper than the cruise line

Do you remember what time you left ship time and what time they brought you back ship time?

We had plenty of time once the trip was over. In fact some others went off to the town to do a bit of shopping

Stone Island is nice (it's not one of the world's greatest wonders). If you want to relax on the beach , away from it all, have a few drinks, lunch and take part in a few activities then it is the perfect place to be.

Archived