Excursion cancelled! Hawaii anyone else?

bendog

Just curious which tour it was?? I guess it was atleast nice they gave you some notice so you can rebook something else or with someone else.

I would really be upset if they didnt say anything until I boarded. We are putting a lot of planning into our hawaii cruise so hopefully they warn us as well.

This happens occasionally to everyone. One time, on another cruise line, we had our entire itinerary diverted. Instead of going to Mexico and Belize we ended up in the Bahamas. Things happen, go with the flow.

Hi just noticed I put the wrong date down it should have been 22nd October.not september.The trip was MA43 Kaanapali sunset Luau in Lahaina. But when you get onto there site is is still on there to book.

I'm not on your cruise, but I can tell you that if you want to do a luau and you can do this before your cruise, go to Germaine's Luau in Honolulu. It is a fabulous luau. We did this a few years ago with some friends before we boarded our ship. Later, while on the ship, I heard some people complaining about the luau that they had taken as a ship excursion. I was very glad we had done Germaine's on our own!

As someone above said, these things happen, so try not to let it spoil your trip.

Actually, we never do ship excursions.

Have fun cruising,

Shay

I got this site from someone on Cruise Critic before our Hawaii cruise. It has lots of things to do including luaus.

http://www.101thingstodo.com/

For whatever it's worth, my opinion is that a Luau connected to a hotel has much more edible food than one not connected with one. We have done both. The entertainment was equal but the food was better at the hotel.

The Lahaina Luau is fantastic. We did that while staying in Lahaina. Will the ship be anchored off Lahaina or is it docked in Kahalui? If you have the time, I would either rent a car and drive to the luau (from Kahalui) or if anchored off Lahaina, you can walk to the luau from the where the tenders arrive. We booked directly with the luau but it did fill up fast. Just make sure you give yourselves plenty of time to get back to the ship if it leaves that night.

Archived