? For Nitogenaddict****************

Island Annie

I've been following your replies, and find your information to be very helpful in helping all of us plan our vacations.

Can you tell me approximately how far it is (walking distance) from the fresh water pool in Costa Maya to the Hotel Majahaul, and what is the best route to take?

Thank you again for all your help & advice.

Annie

Sorry Island Annie, I was hit by a technical fault on the net here in Mahahual. To walk to the town would take approximately 20 to 40 minutes from the cruise ship pier if you take the beach path. This is as you come out of the pier complex and then turn immediately left. Go across the car park keeping the sea in sight. You will then find the beach road. So far we have had no instances of people being robbed or assaulted in any way in the area. It is a pleasant walk but can be hot so take something to drink with you. My suggestion is really to take a bus or taxi to the village for 3 USD. Once in the town there is a lot of walking to do.. The town does not stop at the end of the pedestrian zone. If you continue south for another mile you will find a beach cafe and a few restaurants along the way. You can walk even further and find some nice streches of beach where you might be the only one there.

Walking along the paved road will take longer as it takes a half circle route and then you have to deal with the vehicles that travel this route. Walking could take between 40 to 60 minutes depending on how fast a walker you are.

I hope this helps.

Archived