How does the $79 Romance Package work?

maggie0104

My first post!!! Hello Everyone!

It may be a silly question, but we've never cruised before, and I'm not very familiar with this great forum yet.

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in January :D to celebreta my 30th birthday, and wanted to do something "more". The romance package looks like an awesome deal, but I have questions:

1. Romantic Dinner in Bistro with wine - is this on a set night, or can you pick your own date? Do you get a voucher? For the wine, do they automatically know, and do you get any choice?
  2. Canapes one evening - again, set evening or do I get to choose? is this the date you can choose on the order form?
  3. Honeymoon photograph - during the champagne and cake party only, or at any time?
  4. The date to be delivered on the order form - what does that refer to in this case?

Also I'm assuming that if the wine has a cork, then a corkscrew will be provided?

Thanks everyone!

There will be a letter on your bed when you check in the first day. Just make your reservations for LeBistro for any day you want. Be sure and bring the letter with you when you have dinner. You will be given a choice of a couple of wines to choose from. Now t\if you want something better in a wine, they will give you a credit ($22.00), don't know if the price is still the same for your wine to apply to a more expensive bottle of wine. You can ask your room steward on what day you want your canapes. The Photogragh is your choice anywhere and at any time. Keep you letter again. You get to pick which photo you want to keep. :)

Hi Maggie,

First welcome to the most addicting vacation you will ever go on!! Once your hooked its hard not to go again.

My wife and I did the Romance Package a couple years ago. Like Tom said you pick what night you want to go to LeBistro. (My wife loves LeBistro) I think the Canapes where just in our cabin one day when we returned. I don't think we told them when? I may be wrong but thats what I remember. The champagne and cake party was scheduled for a particular time with all the people who had the romance package. We have a beautiful (at least my wife is) picture from that on our piano. That is the picture we received as the Free one. We did have to show our letter that will be waiting for you to receive it. One last tip make your reservation for LeBistro as soon as you can. It tends to fill up quickly.

Have a wonderful time and again welcome to the wonderful world of cruising.

Happy Cruising

The "delivery date" is the date of embarkation (the date you sail). The bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for us when we first entered our cabin. Our chocolate-covered strawberries showed up a short while later (and well-worth waiting for ;) ) There is a letter (or voucher, if you prefer) in your cabin that you are asked to present to the maitre' d at Le Bistro. We also got a short document that told us on which day and time we would receive our canapes (Ok quality, but not well worth-waiting for). It never occurred to us that we could probably have changed the date/time of delivery, not that we wanted to. But it's nice to know for future reference.

We skipped the cake & champagne party because we were not celebrating anything; we just bought the package because it was a good deal. Never got around to getting a photo taken.

Also, since this is your first cruise, be aware that if you do not finish the whole bottle of wine at dinner, the waiter/wine steward will store your bottle and provide you with a receipt. You can then retrieve the bottle at any restaurant on a later occasion by presenting the receipt to your waiter.

Wow, thanks everyone for the detailed answers. Really appreciate it!

Jordie, you can order by fax or by phone. The packages are listed in Onboard Activities & Events - Bon Voyage Gifts on NCL website. There is a gift order form on the right of the page or call 1.866.625.1166. They want you to order at least 2 weeks in advance.

tamarara, our anniversary is Sept 22, so until this year we always did our getaway that very week, which would have put us onboard with you. Alas, for a variety of reasons, we're on the 9/7 sailing, and will be commemorating our anniversary around home (we'll wish we were back a-sailing with you, I'm sure!)

What a fantastic lot of info in this thread!

My lovely spouse and I are celebrating 18 years on board Majesty on 12/4 and we have this same package. I think I'll make a note to go straight away to make reservations at Le Bistro before we even start doing anything on board.

Great thread folks!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Great info. We're sailing NCL for the first time to celebrate our 40th Anniversary and I think the Romance package is just right for us. We actually have a sea day on our anniversary, so that would be a great night to have a special dinner.:D

I ordered the romance package on the pearl. Neither of us drink wine. Do you still think it's worth it? I thought it would be nice to go celebrate with other couples. It will be our twenty-five anniversary.

I ordered the romance package on the pearl. Neither of us drink wine. Do you still think it's worth it? I thought it would be nice to go celebrate with other couples. It will be our twenty-five anniversary.

It's definitely worth it - neither DH or I drink wine either and we "traded-in" our welcome bottle of champagne and our bottle of wine at LeBistro for a non-alcoholic sparkling wine (which was delicious by the way). Just be sure to make your reservations for LeBistro as soon as you are able to - it's a small intimate restaurant that books quickly.....

Archived