Catamaran or Sunset Beach?

lovebug33

Okay, DH and I are booked on the catamaran boat that takes you snorkeling and to Margaritaville. However, after reading some posts, Sunset Beach looks good, too. Can anyone tell me which one they think would be better? TIA!

My family and I did the catamaran excursion when we were on the Conquest in 2005. I thought it would be similar to the one offered in Cozumel that we had done previous cruises and had a blast.

In my opinion, the snorkeling was just so-so. The best part of the trip was the stop at Margaritaville. The staff on the catamaran weren't very exciting, and begged for tips at the end. They offer rum punch on the trip, but it's so strong is undrinkable. After reading some reviews about Sunset Beach, I would have made the fam go there for the day. At the very least stayed at Margaritaville all day.

If you are looking for a catamaran/snorkle trip- try the one in Cozumel. But the snorkeling is best in Grand Cayman.

I would highly recommend Sunset Beach for Jamaica. It was beautiful there and very relaxing. They do also have a bunch of activities like kayaks to take out, sand volleyball games, pool games, etc. if you are into any of that. I would do snorkling in a different port like Cozumel or Grand Cayman.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been on several Carnival and RCCL cruises, but recently on the Conquest with my boyfriend (a first time cruiser) I can not stand Montego Bay, but still wanted to experience the port in any way my guy wanted to. We took the Catamaran/Snorkel/Ritaville..it was a joke. We BOTH thought so. The drinks sucked. The snorkeling sucked. The sailing was still with in view of the ship even at the far point. Margaritaville was ok, but my boyfriend was harrassed my a Jamaican lady who WOULD not leave. We were friendly, having cocktails and trying to enjoy our time, but just grew annoyed and got back to the ship asap.

dls.jpg.2de5a639e2187d639ee039bf31839ba3.jpg

Archived