Shopping Center across from Plaza 500 in Vancouver?

The "Vancouver Info" board is getting too big for me to research this, so I'm hoping someone can come up with an answer here. I read somewhere that there's a shopping center across the road from the Plaza 500. Is it a small strip mall or is it truly a large shopping mall? Are there restaurants there? If so, are there any that are open early on a Sunday morning?

TIA

Betty - here's a link to the mall:

http://www.mycitysquare.com/

It's not a large mall - it does have a food court but it doesn't open until noon on Sundays. There a grocery and drug store and a number of other shops.

You are only two blocks from the Broadway shopping corridor where there are lots of places to eat that will have varying hours of operation - there is a Wendy's at Broadway and Cambie - Broadway is 9th Ave.

If you are looking for a place to have breakfast on the Sunday - there is a White Spot across the street.

Hope this helps

Good luck on your trip

Cheers

Dennis

Part of City Square was built 100 years ago as the Provincial Normal School and is where teachers were trained. If I recall correctly it was also part of a communtiy college campus before being renovated to form part of City Square.

" If I recall correctly it was also part of a community college campus.

Yes it was part of the original campus of Vancouver City College - it was used for Grade 12 completion while the main classes were down the road at the old King Edward High school site.

I attend classes there back in the mid-60's and you might be interested to know that well known Vancouverite May Brown - a former city Alderman lead the drive to preserve both the Model and Normal schools and helped with the City Square project.

If you want a more complete history of the building there are info signs throughout the mall explaining its history.

Back to watch the Lions game - they lifted the blackout here at the last minute.

Cheers

Dennis

You are welcome, there is also a shopping area at 7th and Cambie, part of which is know as the Rise. Stores there include, Best Buy, Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Starbucks, Save on Foods, Winners and Home Sense.

Archived