Legend Review cruising 07/27- Live

kgerkin

Hi everyone. I've seen lots of Legend reviews lately so I'm going to try to post this review as live as possible. It all depends on the internet access onboard.

This is my 8th cruise and my husband and daughters 4th cruise. I've been on 4 Carnival, 2 Celebrity and 2 Royal Carribean. Enjoyed every one of them.

We live in Edgewater, Md (right outside of Annapolis) We left Md at 5:00 am Friday morning. We were supposed to leave at 4:00 am but one of us (ok me) overslept. Guess that's what I get for not going to bed til 10:30 pm the night before. I kept checking and rechecking our suitcases. The drive was a long one. 16 hours to get to Tampa. We stopped 3 times to fill up for gas and one short stop to eat a late breakfast.

The drive was not too bad. Other than being long and nothing really to see except for tree's, the time actually went by quicker than I thought it would. The kids did great except the 17 year was car sick so I had to sit in the back most of the way. We pulled into Tampa last night around 9:00 pm. We are staying at the Doubletree at Rocky Point. The hotel was very easy to find. We are staying in a suite (because there are 4 of us). Its me, my husband, our 7 year old daughter and my friends 17 year old daughter.

The hotel is very nice. Warm cookies upon arrival. Very comfortable beds and clean rooms. We got up this morning and went to Ihop for breakfast (also easy to find) and then stopped at one of the local malls because the 17 year old forgot to pack underclothes. Don't ask me how.....

After our afternoon shopping, we came back to the hotel and went swimming. Very nice pool area on the bay. Water was very nice. We only stayed out for a few hours and it looks like its going to storm now.

Check out is tomorrow am at 12 noon and then I guess we'll head straight to the port. Overall the drive down was good. Comparing the cost of gas to airfare I think we'll end up saving more by driving. I'm very pleased with the hotel and would stay here again. In fact my 7 year old wants to ask the hotel where they get the beds (because they are so comfortable).

I'll post again tomorrow if the internet connection on the ship is ok.

Talk to you then.

Karen

P.S. I dont know how to upload photo's so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that while Im on the cruise but maybe when we get home.

I'm looking forward to reading your live review. We went on the Legend we got to the port by 10:40. We were in the third group to board the ship. We were on board by 11:30. So, you might want to head to the port earlier than 12:00. Have fun! :D

Good idea about going to the port early. Its 9:30 am and we're all ready to go so I think we will head over around 10ish.

Sounds like you got great airfare. One of the reasons we are driving is so that we can buy whatever we want and transport it with no problem. My husband loves Sheridan's and we can only buy it on a cruise and didn't want to have to worry about packing it and taking the chance of it breaking. Plus it's been nice to see Tampa.

I see that someone else posted that they will be posting Live from the Legend so we'll see how our opinions compare. We are doing traditional dining but will see how the "anytime dining" seems to be going.

We are staying in our first Cat 11 suite on the Empress deck so I'll post about the room also.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Karen

Archived