Review: 14 day Panama Canal with kids 10/3-10/17

VikkiGarcia

I just wanted to post a mini review of our 14 day Panama Canal cruise with our 13 and 9 year old. We sailed RC Legend of the Seas. There were 24 kids between the age 3-17 on board. The kids had a blast. They loved 14 days. RC did a great job keeping them busy. I don't think we will ever be able to do a week again. This was the first vacation where everyone had a chance to really relax. My 9 year old made 2 great friends. My 13 year old only had 2 others in his age group, so they only ran his program in the evenings. He had so much fun hanging out with the councelors in the evening. And doing all the shipshape activities during the day.

We were on the same itinerary as a HAL ship. They only had 3 kids aboard.

I posted a much longer review on the RC board. I will try to answer any questions you might have. I know finding any info on kids and a 14 day cruise is tough.

• 5 months later...

Chuk: Don't be discouraged if you do not find any prior to the cruise. I was very active on our meet and mingle and search every cruise chat room looking for other kids before we sailed and found nothing. I was then very happy to board the ship and find 23 kids. The counselors in adventure ocean said the number of kids on Panama canal cruises has been growing over his two years on the ship. Have a great time!

Archived