Another gty question

Kylie

We aren't cruising until Christmas (haven't made final payment yet)and got a new reservation sheet (because of a recent discount) and it had assigned cabins already! My TA said she thought we wouldn't get a different cabin now. I have never had a gty assigned this early.

Do you think we'll see a change yet? We have a triple booked and neither of the cabins is a triple - they said they would just give us a roll away at night.

We aren't cruising until Christmas (haven't made final payment yet)and got a new reservation sheet (because of a recent discount) and it had assigned cabins already! My TA said she thought we wouldn't get a different cabin now. I have never had a gty assigned this early.

Do you think we'll see a change yet? We have a triple booked and neither of the cabins is a triple - they said they would just give us a roll away at night.

Sounds more to me like your T/A assigned you a specific cabin, this is not a Guarantee booking. You are way too far out to be given a cabin.

Check your orignal docs, it should of stated Cat.4a Gty or something like that.

By the way, what was the Recent Discount? What ship is it and what cabin number?

Fred

You are cruising at Xmas? It's not uncommon for Carnival to assign cabins early on holiday sailings, so they can get an idea of inventory. Now, your cabin #s might not remain what you have now, but when they ticket you (about 30 days prior to the cruise, usually?) you should have confirmed cabin numbers. Just keep in touch with your TA, sounds like you've got a good one to work with.

We got a past guest discount last week on the Victory for the southern Caribbean 12/21/08 cruise. Cabins assigned - 6334 & 6394.

We booked this cruise in April.

Did that past guest discount also include an upgrade from let's say 6A to 6C? If so, the cabin had to be assigned and it could not be booked as a guarantee. (At least that's what I was told.)

Did that past guest discount also include an upgrade from let's say 6A to 6C? If so, the cabin had to be assigned and it could not be booked as a guarantee. (At least that's what I was told.)

Yep, that what I was guessing also. There is a reason for the cabin assignment. Checking on cabin status now, give me a sec.

Fred

We got a past guest discount last week on the Victory for the southern Caribbean 12/21/08 cruise. Cabins assigned - 6334 & 6394.

We booked this cruise in April.

Those are 2 Cat.8a balconies, so you scored, those are also straight cabins for 2, 2 separate beds or one queen size. No indications of a triple. These cabins also have a Sofa that converts into a 3rd bed.

Also these 2 cabins are not close to each other, ensure you have both booking numbers linked so you can eat at the same dinner table.

Fred

Thanks for the information - I noticed the 2 bookings are linked for our dining request.

I was just surprised to see the cabin numbers so early. Not being right together is fine - we are happy with the same deck. Son and DIL are in the other cabin and they can easily handle not being by D & M :-)

That really is pretty early to have cabin assignments on a guarantee booking.

We have a guarantee on the Spirit this coming Sept. 24th, and we haven't been assigned a cabin yet. I check every few days, but still nothing, yet!

That really is pretty early to have cabin assignments on a guarantee booking.

We have a guarantee on the Spirit this coming Sept. 24th, and we haven't been assigned a cabin yet. I check every few days, but still nothing, yet!

They got a Past Guest discount that gave them a 2 deck upgrade. With this deal you have to select a specific cabin. This is probably what happened.

Fred

They got a Past Guest discount that gave them a 2 deck upgrade. With this deal you have to select a specific cabin. This is probably what happened.

Fred

That certainly makes more sense.

It's been a few cruises since we picked our cabin and got the past guest upgrade. Apparently we are gamblers (or cheapskates) at heart! *LOL*

However, we have booked a specific cabin for our Dec. 2009 8-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Spirit, for our 40th wedding anniversary....one of the aft wrap-around cabins on Verandah Deck! No gamble, but I feel like we hit the jackpot!

That certainly makes more sense.

It's been a few cruises since we picked our cabin and got the past guest upgrade. Apparently we are gamblers (or cheapskates) at heart! *LOL*

I'm with you there !!! My next 2 cruises, Elation and Splendor are GTY Cat 4a cabins.

My Dream 2010 cabin will be selected.

Fred

I'm with you there !!! My next 2 cruises, Elation and Splendor are GTY Cat 4a cabins.

My Dream 2010 cabin will be selected.

Fred

What sort of cabins did you finally wind up with?

We've had a mixed bag, but never gotten a really spectacular upgrade (I would deem a balcony stateroom in the "spectacular" category)...

What sort of cabins did you finally wind up with?

We've had a mixed bag, but never gotten a really spectacular upgrade (I would deem a balcony statement in the "spectacular" category)...

Nothing as of yet on both cruises, they both read TBA, still like 107 days out.

But on my past cruises, my best upgrade was Cat.4a to a 9a mini suite onboard Spirit.

The rest of them were on Spirit Class ships Cat.1a to 5a (french doors) or Cat.4a to 5a (french doors).

Worst upgrade due to noise was a Cat.1a to a 4e onboard Spirit, cabin 8265.

Fred

Archived