Sensation

Joeci

Hi all, my wife and I just returned from our Liberty of the sea trip, we are thinking of taking a short trip aboard the Sensation in Oct 08, can anyone tell me about the condition of this ship,we have been on 4 carnival and 2 Rccl we love them both. Thankyou

I have been on the Sensation twice......nice ship.!!!

It is older, Fantasy class ship.....and lots of Purple...LOL...

Fantasy was my first cruise, so i have a specail place in my heart for that class ship.

I do not like where the Category 11's are located....The balconies are NOT private...

But that is my only complaint......Not enough balconies...because I do like the balcony room....

U will enjoy the ship.

Denise

ddun, thank you for your reply, it seems every time we go Rccl we find ourselves going back to Carnival becuase of the food, it seems the food quality is better on Carnival is this true for the Sensation as well.

i HAVE ONLY been on a Royal caribbean cruise 1x , it was sov of the seas......and i was not impressed.

I have been on 9 Carnival cruises, and have never ever been disappointed by their food, or any thing else!

I always find cheaper rates on carnival, and the rooms are more spacious...

So i say...if it aint broke, dont fix it!!

There are several things that i love to eat when i go on a Carnival cruise...

Several of their pasta dishes, their choc melting cake...baked alaska, and i love their soups........

Denise

Hi all, my wife and I just returned from our Liberty of the sea trip, we are thinking of taking a short trip aboard the Sensation in Oct 08, can anyone tell me about the condition of this ship,we have been on 4 carnival and 2 Rccl we love them both. Thankyou

I went on her in 2006 and I had no complaints. I thought she was in perfect condition but I am easy pleased. I will try to post some pics if I can.

2144248406_bahamaspictures147.jpg.614e963c20a5264eaae8b12843deb1d6.jpg

1976987577_bahamaspictures145.jpg.00de5061ad9d48bec58722bd4596b3c1.jpg

I have been on the Sensation twice......nice ship.!!!

It is older, Fantasy class ship.....and lots of Purple...LOL...

Fantasy was my first cruise, so i have a specail place in my heart for that class ship.

I do not like where the Category 11's are located....The balconies are NOT private...

But that is my only complaint......Not enough balconies...because I do like the balcony room....

U will enjoy the ship.

Denise

Hey Denise! I agree with you about the purple! The big hands in the piano bar are weird too!

OP, I've also been twice on Sensation and I like her alot. My first Carnival cruise was on her back in '98, and I sailed on her again last year. The cabins do need the upcoming renovations (in 2009). Other than that, everything looked exactly like it did 9 years previous. The short three day trip is a nice long weekend cruise, and Port Canaveral is really easy to get in and out of. You'll have a good time, just keep in mind that she is 15 years old now.

. . .we find ourselves going back to Carnival becuase of the food, it seems the food quality is better on Carnival is this true for the Sensation as well.

I've been on Carnival Sensation several times, and on this most recent sailing (first week of May) I had some of the best dining room meals, and service, of any CCL cruise to date.

I've never been on the Sensation, but I have been on many of the Fantasy class ships. I really love this class. I heard that the Sensation is going in drydock in January. If you're looking for a Fantasy class ship that has already had the Evolutions of Fun upgrades you may want to try the Imagination out of Miami or the Inspiration out of Tampa.

Hi Grady!!!!!

Goodness, we have to talk to each other on the cruise boards...how ironic is that?

Hey to me........any cruise is a good cruise......

Sensation is a nice ship.

My first was the Fantasy.

We are going on the Legend in Sept...havent been on her yet!

Denise

Hi Grady!!!!!

Goodness, we have to talk to each other on the cruise boards...how ironic is that?

Hey to me........any cruise is a good cruise......

Sensation is a nice ship.

My first was the Fantasy.

We are going on the Legend in Sept...havent been on her yet!

Denise

It is quite ironic.:D

That one in September is #10 for you right?

Archived