Ship class??

stacieps

I've cruised with Carnival a few times and am looking to book another for 11/05. My problem - I can't seem to find a website that tells you what class the ships are. I've narrowed down our choices to the Miracle, Valor, and Victory but want more info on the ships.

I've cruised Fantasy class (Ecstasy, Sensation, Imagination) and the Glory (conquest class?), so I'm trying to compare to what I've been on. Mainly I'm interested in the camp carnival area and the balcony cabin set up (we liked the set up/space of Glory 8A). We'll have two kids (6, 8) who like the Camp Carnival area of the Glory better than the Sensation.

Anyone know where I can find class info? (with my luck they'll all be spirit class because I've never been on one of those!!)

Thanks

The general-purpose cruisebooks will have all that information for you and you can use them for years. My favorite is "Unofficial Guide to Cruises" which seems like it comes out with a new version every year - costs $16-$18 though. Also, if you get a general purpose new cruise brochure for Carnival (like one on Caribbean Cruises), it will group all the ships in their respective classes.

As for your particular ships, I believe Miracle and Valor are both in the same class of ships as Conquest and Liberty. Victory is in the Destiny class with Destiny and Triumph. We cruised on Victory and I was not that impressed with it. However, I've heard people rave about Destiny. Our other Carnival cruises were on Jubilee and Sensation and I agree with you, the Fantasy class is fine - less balconies but plenty big enough and plenty to do on them.

The Miracle is a Spirit class ship, the Valor is a Conquest class ship and the Victory is a Destiny class ship. The classes are established by the first ship name in a new size or class. If you go to the Carnival web site they list all the ships in the fleet. The easiest way to tell the class of ship is by the tonage. For example the Spirt class is 84,000 tons, the Destinty class is 101,000 tons and the Conquest class is 110,000 tons. I hope this helps.

The Miracle is the same size as the Carnival Spirit and the Carnival Pride. It is 88,500 tons, 963 feet long, and can hold 2,124 passengers. The Valor is in the Conquest class is a very new ship. It is 110,00 tons, 952 feet long, and can hold 2,974 passengers. The Victory is the same size as the Triumph and is 101,509 tons, 893 feet long, and can hold 2,758 passengers. I have Carnival's brochure right here beside me while I'm on the computer. :)

As far as the kids area goes, the Valor is going to have the largest at 4200 square feet.:D If you want to compare the kids areas on the ships to see who has the best one, I would read what cruise critic has to say about it. To do that, just go to the top of the page and click on "Interests." When the new screen appears, click on "Family." On the next screen you will see several family cruise related topics. I like the one that says "Kids programs at sea" it tells you how big the kids areas are, when they're open, how much babysitting is and lots of other stuff. I also like "Top 10 cruises for kids."

As far as the state room sizes go, I would recommend going to this website: www.cruisestateroom.com. Not only will it tell you the size of any particular cabin, it will show you a picture of how it looks.:)

Class of ships and year put into service:

Holiday Class:

1985 Holiday

1986 Jubilee

1987 Celebration

Fantasy Class:

1990 Fantasy

1991 Ectasy

1993 Sensation

1994 Fascination

1995 Imagination

1996 Inspiration

1998 Elation

1998 Paradise

Destiny Class:

1996 Destiny

1999 Triumph

2000 Victory

Spirit Class:

2001 Spirit

2001 Pride

2002 Legend

2004 Miracle

Conquest Class:

2002 Conquest

2003 Glory

2004 Valor

Very good summary of the current ships Cotton. But it kinda makes me sad that the TSS Mardi Gras, TSS Carnivale, Festival, and Tropical are not part of the list. I have some very fond memories of those ships. I realize they could never compete with todays ships but back in the 80's they were a blast. Also the personal attention and sometimes adult nature(jokes / tricks) of the servers in the dining rooms. But alas we move forward with bigger & fancier ships.

Festivale - Carnivale - Mardi Gras ..... :) What memories, Karter! (I never went on the Tropicale.) As you can see in my signature, those were my first three cruises, and yes things were so very, very different back then, and better in a lot of ways. *sigh*

Since I listed only ships that are actually in service now, I had to leave those lovely ladies off the list.:(

Before they made their last changes to their website, Carnival listed the Destiny as being in a class by herself. The Triumph came out with one more deck along with the Victory and they were both listed as the "Triumph Class". The extended length version was named "Conquest Class". Most people still refer to the Destiny, Triumph and Victory as being Destiny Class though.

I wish Carnival would put that information back on their website.

Archived