Negative reviews of Oosterdam

Seayalater

again, I am super happy to read your posts. I think you're right that when people complain, it's because they want to put the word out. I heard a line in a movie "the bad stuff is easier to believe" (Pretty Woman-HA!)

I am full steam ahead on Ms Oosterdam --pun intended.

again, I am super happy to read your posts. I think you're right that when people complain, it's because they want to put the word out. I heard a line in a movie "the bad stuff is easier to believe" (Pretty Woman-HA!)

I am full steam ahead on Ms Oosterdam --pun intended.

I think you have made a great decision--The "Big O" is a special ship!

We just got off our 7 day cruise on the Oosterdam (so sad to be back home and at work!!) and it was wonderful. We had no issues. All was well. It was our second cruise on her. So I agree...just have a great time! :)

Each class of HAL ship has both positive and negative points to it.

The problem is that people only look at the positiive and then complain about the negative after the fact.

When you consider that it is a Vista class ship that generally for our taste is too big we had a great cruise last February on it. A lot had to do with the group we were with and what we did. We did not delve on the negative points that we knew were there. We just overlooked them and stayed away from those areas.

When talking about positive and negative points they have a lot to do with personal taste. It is like tasting a steak. It is trash to one person and fantastic to another and it is still the same steak.

Only thing you can do is try it for yourself and see if you like it

The only bad cruise is the one that you do not take...

Ruth & Jim

• 2 weeks later...

We choose the Oosterdam for our first HAL cruise based not on the "formal" reviews - but the favorable comments we kept reading over and over for many months from cruisers on the HAL forum that have been on the "O" and keep returning. I can't think of another ship on any of the other lines that has had as many positive comments.

I can't wait to get on board this ship and experience it first hand!

Cathy

Archived