Just got $470 Credit!!

I'm not very well travelled, and after reading your posts, called Royal Caribbean to see if there were any price adjustments. I was on the phone for ten minutes and received a $470 price reduction. Mind you, my son's passage is free because I had the Royal Caribbean Visa Card. I wouldn't have done it without all the great tips on this site!! So thank you all :D

I'm not very well travelled, and after reading your posts, called Royal Caribbean to see if there were any price adjustments. I was on the phone for ten minutes and received a $470 price reduction. Mind you, my son's passage is free because I had the Royal Caribbean Visa Card. I wouldn't have done it without all the great tips on this site!! So thank you all :D

Nice work there!!! Enjoy your cruise!!

-jtslater

Do kids sail free if you have a RCCL Visa card?

I can't be for sure, but I believe she means that her son is sailing free because of their using their Royal Caribbean Visa points. They had so many points, it allowed her son a free sailing. Smart lady! Congrats.

In answer to your questions, I had acquired 75,000 points for one free passage on my credit card. In order to utilize the credits, I had to book an ocean view. We're sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in August. I can't wait! :D

CatNj, so you just called and asked if there was a price reduction for an ocean view for your sailing? What time of day/night did you call? Thanks!! Our sailing for my cabin-4 of us, is sold out.

I called Royal and told them I was booked and wanted to know if there had been any price reductions. They asked for my reservation number, and what state I resided. Apparently, some discounts are determined by your home state. I have no idea why. The gentleman put me on hold, came back and told me he had credited my Visa. Give them a buzz. I was on the phone about ten minutes. I had called this afternoon.

I had booked with RCI. I had completed payments also. As ewheel suggested, give your TA a call. Best of luck. Let us know how you make out.

By the way, is there an advantage to a TA?

I called Royal and told them I was booked and wanted to know if there had been any price reductions. They asked for my reservation number, and what state I resided. Apparently, some discounts are determined by your home state. I have no idea why. The gentleman put me on hold, came back and told me he had credited my Visa. Give them a buzz. I was on the phone about ten minutes. I had called this afternoon.

$470 is great savings especially for 10 minutes time. I have been known to spend much much longer chasing vendors/stores/etc. with numerous phone calls and letters for much less. Way to go! Enjoy your cruise.

Archived