renting a car in Warnemunde what to do with 3 teenagers

mlkkt

Hi,

We will be renting a car in Warnemunde and would love suggestions of what to do. We're a family of five with kids ages 19, 17 and 12. We will be arriving for the day August 6th. Thanks for your help.:)

We were there 2 summers ago. I would suggest taking the train to Rostock. From the station you can walk to the famous clock which is definately worth seeing. We then walked to the main pedestrian area and had lunch and visited a museum close by that included toys. On the way back to the train station we stopped at the Rostock Maritime Museum which was WONDERFUL. Fascinating models of ships. Once back in Warnemunde you can walk to the beaches which are about 15 minutes from the dock.

Have fun.

We also rented a car in Warnemunde. We drove to Berlin with our 3 kids (teens and pre-teen). The traffic was pretty good and the driving was easy. When we arrived in Berlin, we parked the rental car and used Metro for sightseeing. We visited Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Checkpoint Charlie and the Pergamon Museum. For my teens it was a must to see Checkpoint Charlie and the site of former Berlin Wall. I think your teens will be impressed too.

Though the drive to and from Berlin was long, we did have enough time to see what we wanted to see. We were back at least 3 hours before the cruise departed.

This is the link to Frommer's Berlin Guide and maps: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/berlin/46_indattr.html

We have and 18 boy and 17 year old girl. We rented car from Hertz (asked for pick up right next to the ship). Had a GPS they programmed for us in English and drove to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Museum right outside of Berlin. It took us about 2 hours and driving on the autobahn was an great experience I will remember forever! The museum was free too! We then went the Schwerin (thanks to an easy gps system) and saw the most beautiful castle - just like in the fairytale stories. The museum is an education that should never be missed. So much to learn and you will never forget it. My kids talked to the other kids on the ship that night who said they wished they had done what we did as Berlin on the train wasn't a great experience...

Archived