Scuba (independent) or private fishing charter on Grand Bahama Island and Nassau

azdiver

My husband and I are booked on the NCL Sky 8/11 for the 4 night cruise. Has anyone done the scuba excursion offered through the ship? How was it?

NCL website says it is $109 pp for the 2-tank dive, but that equipment is NOT included. This is curious. We will travel with our own masks, fins and snorkel, but need the BCD, weights etc. Are these addtl costs?

We tend to like to make our own arrangements independent of the ship. Can anyone recommend a reputable PADI-certified operator that will work with the limited hours we will be in port. Any suggestions either in Freeport or Nassau would be greatly appreciated.

We would also be interested in a half-day (or several hour) fishing charter in either of these ports. Please share info if you have done this while in port.

Thanks!

My husband and I are booked on the NCL Sky 8/11 for the 4 night cruise. Has anyone done the scuba excursion offered through the ship? How was it?

NCL website says it is $109 pp for the 2-tank dive, but that equipment is NOT included. This is curious. We will travel with our own masks, fins and snorkel, but need the BCD, weights etc. Are these addtl costs?

We tend to like to make our own arrangements independent of the ship. Can anyone recommend a reputable PADI-certified operator that will work with the limited hours we will be in port. Any suggestions either in Freeport or Nassau would be greatly appreciated.

We would also be interested in a half-day (or several hour) fishing charter in either of these ports. Please share info if you have done this while in port.

Thanks!

In Nassau, Stewart Cove's Dive Center is the BEST dive center. You can get information and contact them through their website: www.stuartcove.com/

Randall

I did some research for our NCL cruise in January and found out that Stuart Cove is not the dive operator for NCL. I am not sure who NCL uses, but I am going with Stuart Cove.

Great decision! Stuart Cove's is a really excellent dive center. :)

Randall

I am cruising on NCL's Majesty in November.NCL uses UNEXSO in Grand Bahama and I booked with them through the ship. It is has been years since I dived with UNEXSO but I have fond memories as a very new diver.

NCL only list a "discover scuba' course for Nassau. I am doing Stuart Coves's shark dive since we dont depart until midnight.Whatever you do stay the HE_L away from Bahama Divers. Those guys are a bunch of idiots and just plain dangerous!!!

Archived