Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach Seafood Restaurants

I didn't see anything on it the port thread but I'm sure there are several of you with good suggestions for seafood in Cocoa Beach the night before a cruise. I've heard of Fishlips. What are others you've enjoyed in that area?

Thanks!

I didn't see anything on it the port thread but I'm sure there are several of you with good suggestions for seafood in Cocoa Beach the night before a cruise. I've heard of Fishlips. What are others you've enjoyed in that area?

Thanks!

Corky Bells - I don't know the address but it's on US 1(?) not far out of Cocoa Beach. Not fancy at all but recommended by the locals.

Atlantic Ocean Grille at the Cocoa Beach Pier is very nice. It is not very far. It is over the water on the beach. It is beautiful, and the food is very good. Also, there is an outside bar where you can hang and listen to live music. This is a favorite of many local people, including me (I was born and raised in the area).

I've been to Corky Bell's many times, it's the best - however, not as close by as:

*Fishlips (at the Port)

* Grill's (at the Port)

* Atlantic Ocean Grille (down the street) No outdoor seating, but you don't need it. The restaurant is all windows and sits out over the water. On Cocoa Beach Pier. Probably the most expensive of all above named.

I eat at Grills several times a year and I've never had a bad meal. It is a blast on the weekends. It is located right next to a very busy boat ramp and a popular activity is watching people launch and retrieve their boats. It can be quite amusing.

looking at the time of this post, it made me chuckle a little. we live in orlando, are getting married in cocoa beach in 2 months, and went over today to get some stuff finalized. we usually stop at fishlips for dinner, but we were there 2 weeks ago and wanted something different. so we went to that area, and we stopped at grills and ate. awesome menu, good choices, decent pricing. i reccommend either fishlips or grills.

greg

btw, at the time of your post we were just getting on the road to head back....hence the chuckle part.

If you want TRUE NEW ENGLAND seafood then you must go to:

BOSTON BEEF & SEAFOOD.

The guy is originally from Ipswich, MA and has his fish, clams, sea scallops, lobster, etc... flown in fresh daily.

His dad has the family seafood business there and that is where he gets his orders from.

The fried baby Ipswich clams awe AWESOME!

The onion rings are made the way that they should be made, freshly cut, and fried in a light batter.

They also have food baked too.

I just like my seafood fried and also because you can't get this around here in the south.

Many come in for the famous roast beef sandwich but I can't comment on that as I never had it. I can tell you that it's HUGE!

This place is located on A1A in a renovated ESSO gas station.

Don't worry about that.

It's nothing fancy, you eat off paper plates, and it's filled with Boston sport things.

Look for a white building with a red stripe. If you are heading south on A1A it will be located on the left hand side about a 4 minute ride from the Radisson Hotel.

Oh, I'll be there this Sunday before we board our ship on Monday.

Can hardly wait!!!!:D

Another great place, casual with good seafood plus other items, is Rusty's. Like Grills and FishLips it's in the port and you can watch the cruise ships leave around 4:30-5pm A lot of fun!! Mon: Sov. of Seas, Tues and Weds no ships, Thurs: Disney and Carnival, Fri: Sov. of Seas, Sat: Carnival and Disney when not in California, Sun: Mariner of Seas, Carnival and Disney.

We vote for Grills. If you show your hotel key, you can get a 10% discount. They have the best bacon wrapped scallops. We drive to the port at times just to go to Grills.

Here is a thread from the Florida board that has tons of info about Pt Canaveral. If you just read the last 10 pages or so, you will get lots of info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720

Enjoy.

Archived