Help picking a quiet beach...

pvf080208

Hi,

we'll be stopping in grand cayman as our first stop on teh legend, and we'll be doing the 'party' beach in coz the next day, so we'd like to do a more low-key beach in gc. we were thinking cemetery beach, but i hear the reef is pretty far out, and the no bathroom thing worries me a bit. We're trying to do this port as our 'budget' port, just taking a taxi to the beach and back. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

We did cemetery last week with our 9 year old grandson. The reef is a little ways out but we took small inflatable rafts that we got at the dollar store so we could rest if we wanted to. It is definitely quiet and lots of shade. There was a porta potty across the street when we were there so if you are going soon you might luck out. We didn't make it to Smith's Cove when we were there but I have read that they have picnic tables and potties and that the snorkeling is good. Also, there is a public beach a little south of cemetery that had some facilities - not sure how good the snorkeling is there.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Archived