Dining

j!m

we are new to Az and will be sailing on Quest shortly

regarding the dining options

1. suite pax are provide 2 or is it 3 complimentary meals in the alternative dining rooms? is it necessary to pre book reservations ie before we sail?

2. with the anytime dining program do people line up for dinner (hate line ups) we would usually eat around 630-7pm.

thanks in advance for any input

Based on our January Quest Experience:

1) You actually are unrestricted in the number of Specialty meals that you can have. You are restricted in the number of pre-sailing reservations that you can make ( this is to give everyone a fair shot since there are only so many slots available); Captain's Club can give you the current particulars for your sailing.

2) We never had more than a 10-15 minute wait for Discoveries on our cruise. You should also keep in mind that if Discoveries happens to be overcrowded on a particular night, you might want to try Breeza up on deck 9; not your typical buffet by any means. They have very good sushi, salads, and made to order stir-frys and pasta dishes which are very tasty and a little easier on the waistline. Dining under the stars and watching the wake go aft isn't bad either.

Hope that's helpful.

Have not cruised in a suite, so don't know about the max (if any) number of dinners in the premium restaurants. However, I agree with Ed Green on the wonderful 'buffet' on deck 9. If the weather cooperates, there's nothing like eating al fresco on the fantail.

Based on our January Quest Experience:

1) You actually are unrestricted in the number of Specialty meals that you can have. You are restricted in the number of pre-sailing reservations that you can make ( this is to give everyone a fair shot since there are only so many slots available); Captain's Club can give you the current particulars for your sailing.

2) We never had more than a 10-15 minute wait for Discoveries on our cruise. You should also keep in mind that if Discoveries happens to be overcrowded on a particular night, you might want to try Breeza up on deck 9; not your typical buffet by any means. They have very good sushi, salads, and made to order stir-frys and pasta dishes which are very tasty and a little easier on the waistline. Dining under the stars and watching the wake go aft isn't bad either.

Hope that's helpful.

Interestingly on Oceania, all OS passengers could, if they wanted to, dine in the speciality Restaurants every night. I was not aware that the same courtesy was also on Az.

We generally would eat around 8 pm and never found much of a wait anywhere.

I am looking forward to our AZ cruise and hope it compares favourably to Oceania.

See youon board J!m.

Brian

i spoke to captains club yesterday and was advised as follows

we are able to pre book one reservation in the alternate restaurants

any other reservations must be made on board and as suite pax we will be given preference (not sure what they mean by that)

i spoke to captains club yesterday and was advised as follows

we are able to pre book one reservation in the alternate restaurants

any other reservations must be made on board and as suite pax we will be given preference (not sure what they mean by that)

Hi Jim !

Yes, its true you can only Pre-Book 1 reservation before your sailing. I think you can Pre-Book 2 reservations if you are in a Suite, though it may have changed. At any rate, I wouldnt be concerned about it. I would suggest you visit the Restaurants on the first day of your sailing to make your reservations.

Azamara will do whatever possible to accomodate you, so all should work out fine. Enjoy your Cruise !

I've heard that the specialty restaurants are usually quiet on embarkation day so I was thinking of making a reservation ahead of time for that night.

Sail-away from Rome is at 6 p.m. ... but wondered if muster drill will be before or after sail-away on this cruise?

Suite passengers get 3 complimentary nights in the speciality restaurants - does that mean they do not pay the $5 on these occasions - and only pay this if they go back on additional nights? Not that I think someone in a suite would question $5 but I thought I would check!

Suite passengers get 3 complimentary nights in the speciality restaurants - does that mean they do not pay the $5 on these occasions - and only pay this if they go back on additional nights? Not that I think someone in a suite would question $5 but I thought I would check!

The $5.00 is a gratuity for the Specialty Staff, not a surcharge for the restaurant. It is expected anytime that you dine in the Specialty restaurants.

The "tasting" menu is at an additional charge.

Archived