Hotel Sofitel Miami Airport

cina54

Hi, We just booked Sofitel at the Miami airport for a precruise in Feb. Most reviews seem favorable. We were concerned to be able to visit a pharmacy or the like for precruise items for we travel with carry-ons and are limited in what we can carry. We also like a choice of resturants. Any input appreciated. Got it for $188 including taxes from otel.com.

thanks,

cina54

LOS Feb 21

We LOVED our stay at Sofitel! They have a shuttle service and they can take you to near by grocery, store, pharmacy and strip mall. They took us to 94th Squadron for dinner and it was wonderful. We also walked to a pharmacy and Burger King on Embarkation day for breakfast and all the things my DH thought he didn't need, but did :D . The service at the hotel was excellent and the bed linens were to die for. I hope you have an equally great experience as we did at Sofitel.

Just a note about our experience at the Sofitel. Didn't stay there but we had booked a non-refundable internet special at the property for $99 / night. We were planning on staying there between flights on our way from Chicago to Aruba.

While waiting at the terminal in Chicago, we were informed that all flights were cancelled due to weather. The next flights would be in the morning. Although we were not entitled to any refund from the Sofitel, my wife called anyway and they were kind enough to give us a full and complete refund due to the circumstances.

The Sofitel Miami went above and beyond in their dealings with us. I can't vouch for the property (other than other Sofitels that I have stayed at have all been very nice), but these folks were great with us. We would definitely stay there the next opportunity we have.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking to book at the Sofitel for August before my cruise, and here is what I found out about the shuttle from hotels.com

The hotel concierge can arrange transportation to the Doral Country Club, the Port of Miami and the Dolphin Mall, for a fee. Transportation to and from Miami International Airport is complimentary, and overnight parking is available to guests, for a fee.

I've read other posts on here that say the fee to the port is $10 per person not sure what the other fees are HTH!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was there two years ago ( I know, not that recent!) got it off of priceline.It felt like it was in the middle of nowhere. I slapped down my Hilton Honors Visa card for incidentals and the desk clerk cooed "you will be much happier here than there!".

She handed us two wine corks and told us that each could be redeemed for free glass of wine from the bar. We got the wine and went to the pool area which had a nice view of the airport- we watched the planes land and relaxed.

The room itself was pretty cool. The bathroom had a speaker so you could hear the tv while you know, you were in there. I don't remember the rest of what it was like other than it was clean, very swanky, modern.

Archived