Where can I find menu's for the Emerald,

Cruisewebber

Thanks katisdale! I did check there and unfortunately, no menus for the Emerald! We are trying to figure out which night they have lamb shank on the menu...that's the night we plan on going to the steakhouse restaurant!! On the CB, we knew...but this ship is new to us!!:confused:

There is another thread asking about menus for the 10-night Eastern Caribbean sailing on the Emerald. DH and I will be on the 1/19/09 voyage. We did the Southern Caribbean Medley itinerary in February, and I posted the order of the menus in my review because I had asked about this when I posted on a "Live" thread during the cruise.

Here's my earlier post today about the menus from our February cruise:

When I posted "Live from the Emerald" in February, I was asked about the order of menus for our cruise. While it might not have been the same itinerary as your cruise, or the sailing that DH and I have booked for January, 2009, this list will at least give you an idea of the menus for a 10-night sailing:

Sailaway

Caribbean

Captain's Welcome

Princess

Princess (different from previous night)

Cosmopolitan (French-inspired)

Italian

Chef's

Captain's Gala

Landfall

Bon Appetit! Bon Voyage!

Chris

Hi klinetoch20- we are hoping to book this in the next couple weeks! Our friends that we have cruised with in the past are on this and we really want to join them!!!!!!

Does this mean you actually would NOT book this trip due to the menu? Princess is not Crystal, Seadream or Regent when it comes to food. It's good but I really doubt I would change my vacation around food.:confused:

Here's a link for the menu's on the Dawn Princess which might be similar. They were from an Alaska cruise on June 26.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563717744pILFQs?vhost=good-times

FYI: Those are the "old" Princess menus and are not the same as those currently used on the Emerald. DH and I were on the Emerald in February and had the "new" menus that will eventually be in fleetwide use.

The new menus are quite large and are presented in a handsome leather folder. The menus are organized differently, as well: "Small Plates" (appetizers, soups, salads), "Large Plates" (entrees, pastas), Lotus Spa, and "Always Available". There are some new items that were introduced with the new menus, and a few former menu items have been deleted.

DH and I absolutely loved the Emerald Princess and will sail her again in January, 2009 (different itinerary).

Bon Appetit! Bon Voyage!

Chris

FYI: Those are the "old" Princess menus and are not the same as those currently used on the Emerald. DH and I were on the Emerald in February and had the "new" menus that will eventually be in fleetwide use.

The new menus are quite large and are presented in a handsome leather folder. The menus are organized differently, as well: "Small Plates" (appetizers, soups, salads), "Large Plates" (entrees, pastas), Lotus Spa, and "Always Available". There are some new items that were introduced with the new menus, and a few former menu items have been deleted.

DH and I absolutely loved the Emerald Princess and will sail her again in January, 2009 (different itinerary).

Bon Appetit! Bon Voyage!

Chris

Would like to know what the new items are.....does anyone actually have the new menu?

Dee

Cruisewebber,

Go to Princess.com. Upper right, click on 'contact us'. The line that states request recipes, bar something-or-other's, click on that and there will be an email form. Just type in your request. Sometimes takes a couple of weeks. If no luck at this time, try in October when the ship will be Stateside and ready for the 10-day sailings.

We sailed on the Emerald Eastern last Jan.-Feb. Truly a wonderful vessel with a great crew. Will be on her for the TransA this October.

Do try the Crown Grill. Fabulous! Cafe Caribe and the International Cafe are delightful and worthy additions.

Enjoy the Emerald! Missy

Does this mean you actually would NOT book this trip due to the menu? Princess is not Crystal, Seadream or Regent when it comes to food. It's good but I really doubt I would change my vacation around food.:confused:

oh no,no.no.....holding out as far as booking only because I am saving the money to pay for the cruise, before I actually book it. I know from past experience the food is good on Princess!!!!! No problem there!!!!:)

Cruisewebber,

Go to Princess.com. Upper right, click on 'contact us'. The line that states request recipes, bar something-or-other's, click on that and there will be an email form. Just type in your request. Sometimes takes a couple of weeks. If no luck at this time, try in October when the ship will be Stateside and ready for the 10-day sailings.

We sailed on the Emerald Eastern last Jan.-Feb. Truly a wonderful vessel with a great crew. Will be on her for the TransA this October.

Do try the Crown Grill. Fabulous! Cafe Caribe and the International Cafe are delightful and worthy additions.

Enjoy the Emerald! Missy

Tell me about the Crown Grill...please!!!!!

Oh...editing to add this....I did email Princess and request menu's!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Archived