Suite - Guaranteed

colin v

Hello,

On our December Australia/New Zealand cruise a Suite Gurantee room type has become available. It seems to be appox $800.00 more per person than our CC booking.

Is it worth the extra cost?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

On our December Australia/New Zealand cruise a Suite Gurantee room type has become available. It seems to be appox $800.00 more per person than our CC booking.

Is it worth the extra cost?

Thanks in advance.

If you can afford it, and you happened to be given the Royal Suite, then yes, it would possibly be worth it if you want a "apartment." But if you were just given a sky suite, you'd get a twice as large balcony and 80 more square feet and a butler, free capuccinos etc. I loved CC class.

If your cruise is sold out you will get the worst suite available!

I can't agree with this. Obviously, "Best" or "Worst" is in the eyes of the beholder. The "Worst" suite may have been already booked by someone who considered it "Best." Quite often. =X= assigns a specific cabin for a guarantee booking within a few days after the booking is made. They do not necessarily wait until they reach a "sold out" condition to do the assignment.

On a cruise earlier this year, we changed from a 2A cabin to a guarantee balcony due to a substantial price reduction. We wound up with a huge 2B handicap accessible cabin in a prime location. Apparently, they had a quantity of accessible cabins available and decided to allocate them on a "guarantee" basis.

Obviously, we could have been reassigned if =X= had a late request for an accessible cabin.

As it turned out, we got a very spacious cabin for a great price.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in this case, patience has rewarded us.

Today the prices began falling like a stone and we were able to get a suite guarantee $200.00 cheaper than our original CC and $1000.00 cheaper than when I originally posted.

Hooray for us!

Colin

Fantastic news for you - just a quick reminder regarding "Suites" that the Celebrity Suite which is above the Sky Suite does NOT have a balcony so when it is a guarantee there is that risk - HUGE cabin but if you are counting on a balcony could be disappointed - Just thought I would share

Enjoy!

on the NZ trip given how the weather can be variable particularly in the Fjords and crossing the Tasman I would say the Celebrity Suite is not a risk and might be one of the very best deals you could get- plenty "viewing" glass but no exposure to the elements.

Wish we could have had that on our trip last year - though of course they took Mercury down under so we had to go Sky Suite

What would actually be the worst suite on an M class ship?

Hi Grace !

I was wondering the same thing. As I sit here typing after yet another 18 hour work day, I cant see how any Suite on a wonderful cruise ship can be a bad thing.... but thats just me :)

Celebrity Suite: thanks to all for the good words re the CS. I have our first CS on our upcoming Alaska repo cruise on Infinity.

The suite looks awsome with those big windows...won't my DH be surprised!

I told him that we have a " room with no balcony"....

Just a thought. I would first research IF the Penthouses, Royal Suites and Celebrity Suites typically sell out on those particular cruises. If you do some searching, you may find out they do, usually early on. . . .so, I would assume you will be left with the Sky Suites. You can then make a more informed decison. I have observed that the high end and low end cabins sell out first, then the inbetween. I always book the cabin I want within the first couple of days of it being on the schedule, then no disappointments (or unwanted surprises) Barb

winddown17: I did notice that the CS suites that are toward the aft on the Infinity have the window washing cage next to the window.

I was able to get our CS changed to one that is the more forward of the two.

(8104). Past pax of the CS suites gave me this info.

I just kept checking X's web site and saw that the suite became available and called my TA.

It may not mean that much on a caribbean cruise, but on the Alaskan cruise we want to sit and enjoy the scenery.

Grace-

You are right on with that. There are some good posts on the topic. The aft CS have equipment, so good to avoid. Ours did not and was great.. although the roon forward of you can see in a bit, so we kept the curtains on that side closed a smidge..

My best advice- breakfast brought into the room each morning by the butler.. it is pure heaven and relaxation..

And on tired nights- dinner from the dining room served by the course in your room..

It is decadence as far as I am concerned. And I am spoiled!

Archived