tipping at the spa

how does tipping at the spa work - i know when u make spa appointment its on your sea pass account but do u tip when u are done? - my sister wants to do a facial on explorer 8/9 -- wanted to know about tipping and also how much would u tip for a facial

Check your bill carefully before tipping. Sometimes they have added a tip automatically when I have used the spa, sometimes not. Also keeo your eyes open for specials at the spa in the daily cruise compass. They often discount their treatments (sometimes up to 50% off the regular price) during the cruise, especially if sales are not going well. If you book the first day, you may want to make the appointment for a few days into the cruise so you can cancel and rebook at discounted rate if a sale occurs in the daily cruise compass for the treatment you desire. One other tip; many of the spa personal will try and push products on you during and/or after the treatment. If this is something you do not want, you may want to alert them to this upfront at the start of your treatment as many people find their product pushing to be annoying.

I also assumed that they added the tip automatically. When I came out of the spa, I asked the receptionist and she said that they don't. She was able to find my slip and add the tip. I was surprised since every land-based spa that I've been to automatically adds gratuity.

I agree with the advice to look for the sales. On the last sea day there was a special of 3 "mini" treatments for something like $90. It was well worth it, and there were several treatments to choose from.

Enjoy!

I'm wondering if a good tactic for those of us who do NOT appreciate the sales aspect of the spa would be to say to the therapist at the beginning "I have X amount of money to spend here...I can either spend it on your products....or I can give it to you in a tip"... :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm, might be worth a shot. I hate those stupid "talks". I go to the spa for massages, not sales pitches. :mad:

Archived