Best Ports for Family With Kids?

Regguy

For kids under 10, which itinerary would you recommend and why? (We've never been to any of these places?) We'd like at least one beach day and are thinking about a dolphin excursion:

1) Acapulco, Ixtapa, Manzanilla

2) Cabo, Mazatlan, PV

Thanks!

I have only done the Cabo, PV, and Mazatlan itinerary, so I can only comment on that one.

Both Cabo and PV have the dolphin activities. I have done it in Puerto Vallarta because there was more than one place to choose from there, and the price was a little less than in Cabo.

Cabo has great beaches. You can also go out on a glass bottom boat to the arch and/or Lover's Beach.

There are nice beaches outside of PV that is just a taxi ride away.

Mazatlan has Stone Island, which can be fun with water toy rentals, horseback riding, and ATV rentals.

From my experience - you will not get a day at the beach in Cabo - they tender you and it is a really short time (perhaps 4 hours max) there. Although it is beautiful - I think Acapulco might be better. I did not go swimming there - but I have seen pics and it does look nice. Where to swim - I dont know though.

I've been to all the ports except Manzanillo. Here is my opinion, for what it's worth.

1. Acapulco, very large, very third world city. Lots of traffic, semi dirty beaches, strong currents. Interesting place to wander around in. Cliff divers are fun.

2. Zihuatanejo. My favorite port. Very charming and very small fishing village with great outdoor restaurants and spectacular beaches. Don't mis Playa Las Gatos.

3. Puerto Vallarta. Charming town, great architecture, good beaches north and south of town. Great shopping and activities.

4. Mazatlan. Stone Island is very nice. We're going to the main section of town next time.

5. Cabo. We spent our time in San Jose Del Cabo which is 20 miles away by taxi. Next time we are there, we are going to the beach. We did the ATV adventure when there last time and it was a hoot.

It's a pity you can't do a cruise of PV, Mazatlan and Zihua. That would be the best of the best.

weve been all over mexico with our daughter since she was 5 and the best place was zit/ixtapa,

las gatas beach, shallow, not strong, and nice water,

PV and cabo are nice, but strong currents, and jellyfish issues in PV

i would go with ixtapa, acapulco and manzanillo

acapulco has a cool place to release baby turtles, our daughter loved that,

and in manzanillo la audenica beach was shallow and calm, we went there on a taxi ,

Archived