Just Booked The Freedom

dj cruise

Hello everyone

we just booked the Freedom for may and have questions

any info you can give on the port and or ship would be great.

Does anyone know if FLL Has a Hotel near by that offers a Port shuttle to and from the Hotel?? leaving the car there.

Thanks so much for the info

Hello,

I am wondering the same thing. We are very close to booking the Freedom for May also. I am new to Carnival and any info on this ship would be great. We are traveling with our two daughters 10 and 14. Would you do a guarantee room? Do they assign the floor and room or is it just the room and you pick the floor? Also looking into a hotel that offers transportation to the pier (Ft. Lauderdale)

Any info would be great.

If you go to the North American Homeport section of the message boards, you will find a ton of info about hotels etc...try this line

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

Carnival Freedom was our first Carnival cruise. We really enjoyed ourselves and were quite surprised and pleased by the Carnival product! The ship decor was gaudy from top to bottom. Alot of neon signage which was hard to see in the day time...darn old eyes. We were in cabin 8224 balcony forward. Booking toward aft section puts you closer to all the action...food, pools etc. The cabin was clean with plenty of storage. Our room steward was very attentive! I have never booked a guarantee so cannot help you.

The pizza is fabulous! Overall food in the dining room was really good. Buffet food was buffet food quality which was good enough. Long lines for omelets. We would take our trays to the aft pool area and eat out there. Less chaos and able to sit and enjoy the wake!

Entertainment was fair. We have seen higher quality production shows.

All in all, I would not hesitate to book Freedom again.

Happy cruising!!

Archived