Must see attractions by Delta Vancouver Suites

prit

We arrive this Saturday afternoon in Vancouver. After checking into Delta Vancouver Suites, what is the best way to get to Stanley Park? I presume it's safe walking distance but I want to be sure. Is there anything close by that we should see? Any recommendations for a reasonably priced dinner and breakfast? Will we be able to see the fireworks display from the hotel (depending on how we're facing)? I am getting excited!!!!!

We arrive this Saturday afternoon in Vancouver. After checking into Delta Vancouver Suites, what is the best way to get to Stanley Park? I presume it's safe walking distance but I want to be sure. Is there anything close by that we should see? Any recommendations for a reasonably priced dinner and breakfast? Will we be able to see the fireworks display from the hotel (depending on how we're facing)? I am getting excited!!!!!

Last question first, no sorry you will not be able to see the fireworks from your hotel, they are being iginited on English Bay which is located on the south side of the downtown peninsula, it will be about 30 min walk.

Stanley Park is about a 30 min walk to the west but you can take transit on Hastings St. a #19 bus for $2.50 pp each way but yes it is a safe walk. Once at the park there is a free shuttle that goes around the park. You can also walk to the east into historic Gastown which is where Vancouver began. You may want to take the hoho Trolley which will allows you to see a lot of Vancouver and get on and off the bus at various stops. There is also a tour that operates pre-cruise morning staged by Vancouver Tours which is very popular with cruisers.

Reasonable diinner, you may want to try Steamworks which is just north and west of your hotel on Cordova. I can also recommend Aqua Riva which is adjacent Canada Place but it is a little more spendy. For breakfast would likely be the White Spot (kind of an up from Applebies) at Georgia and Seymour St. just a couple of blocks south of the Delta.

Here are some links for you, we are looking forward to seeing you:

http://www.translink.bc.ca/

www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/parks/parks/stanley/

www.steamworks.com/

http://www.whitespot.com/whitespot/wshome.htm

www.aquariva.com/

www.vancouvertrolley.com/

www.vancouvertours.com/

Archived